General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona Rossmyer Harley hotel bad experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 12:26 PM
c50plus
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Daytona Rossmyer Harley hotel bad experience

I did a 2000 mile trip last week on my 2008 Ultra. It was awesome,
GA,TN,NC,SC. On my way to Ft Lauderdale I stopped at the Harley hotel on 95 that
is owned by Rossmyer. The room was $103 with tax. Boy, was I disappointed.
Lot of broken items, overall cleansiness not so good. The place is not manged well
in my opinion. So when the two Daytona events come and they ask $300 a night or something like that now you know you better off going somewhere else. But, this is one man's oppinion based on one room experience.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:42 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Now that Bruce is riding the highway in the sky I am thinking that whole place will eventually go to hell.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

Sounds like things have gone downhill since Rossmeyer died. Thanks for the warning. You should let the management know about your experience.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,499 Posts

You know,everytime I went there I wondered how much the rooms were,and if it was a nice place to stay. Now I know,thanks for the tip.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
bkelly1956
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have stayed there often over the past three years. Experiences and rooms have been good...always clean...didnt experience anything broken. I'm surprised at the rate you were charged. We are paying $69 per night this weekend. Even with my positive experiences I wouldn't stay there for $100 per night. Nor do I stay there for bike week or biketoberfest as $300+ per night is absurd and out of the question.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Coach1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lived in Orlando for 8yrs and did Daytona a couple of times. IMO there are better choices in FL. Bikeweek is always the same old stuff and Daytona residences have become less friendly, less tolerant to bikers. I've enjoyed St Augustine, and want to visit Panama City.....but only between Nov. & Apr. If Daytona is where you want to go, my recommendation would be book your rooms on the north side of Orlando or even New Smyrna...30-40 mins down the road...better food, cheaper/nicer hotels, thou NEVER during lovebug season.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:27 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

folks, Bruce had nothing to do with the business on a daily basis besides his name on the buildings, so him being gone has nothing to do with the businesses

from what others have said my guess would be that you just had a bad one time experience - and anyone would be crazy to stay there during a bike event, to much traffic and you can't even park your bike anywhere near you during those special events, to say nothing of the inflated prices

Old 08-11-2011, 03:33 PM
rstekeur
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Coach1
I lived in Orlando for 8yrs and did Daytona a couple of times. IMO there are better choices in FL. Bikeweek is always the same old stuff and Daytona residences have become less friendly, less tolerant to bikers. I've enjoyed St Augustine, and want to visit Panama City.....but only between Nov. & Apr. If Daytona is where you want to go, my recommendation would be book your rooms on the north side of Orlando or even New Smyrna...30-40 mins down the road...better food, cheaper/nicer hotels, thou NEVER during lovebug season.
I live in Florida, and I get a kick out of seeing people ride in during love bug season with no windshields or helmets. When the love bugs are in full season it can be like riding through a rain storm of squishing nasty smelling bugs that are a royal pain to clean.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:02 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

I hope you went to the front desk and voiced your disconcert. It's
like a person complaining on-line about no toilet paper in the bath room.
When the next guy gets there...there is still no toilet paper. Until you mention it to the
right person....it is just bitching.
You should handle it at the desk...then complain about how they treated you. (sorry there was a light bulb out).

chuck

Old 08-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Superbob
Advanced

When is the love bug season?

Quick Reply: Daytona Rossmyer Harley hotel bad experience