General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M&M Cycles not longer allowed to sell 'genuine' hd parts...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 06:25 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M&M Cycles not longer allowed to sell 'genuine' hd parts...

Got this from my friends Mark and Linda at M&M Cycle today, don't know what the Mothership is thinking except to control, tightly, their market..

Dear friends.
Due to a new policy from Harley that prevents the sale of Genuine Harley Davidson parts to independent dealers, such as ourselves, we are no longer offering Genuine Harley items. All current orders will be shipped, but I cannot accept any new orders for genuine Harley items.

We will still be offering the finest in aftermarket parts at our usual discounts of up to 20% daily, shipping worldwide and will leave the Harley part numbers in our database for reference only. Please include model and year in all quote request and I will convert them to aftermarket parts for you wherever possible.
I know many of you will be upset, but please understand, Harley is doing what they think is best for their dealers and their company.

That being said�..we are celebrating our 11th year in business Sept 1. Linda and I started M&M Cycles with an idea. To work like a Co-Op from the olden days, combine the purchasing power of all our customers together and offer the best deals available to our members. We worked 7 days a week, often working through the night. As our children grew, they began working with us. Carolyn and Mikey are now in their mid 20’s, and will continue to work with us.

From our humble beginnings, we have grown to 20,000 members worldwide! We have become friends with so many of you. We thank you all for supporting us through the years and ask for your continued support when you’re looking for aftermarket parts and accessories for your bike.

If you have any questions, please email me at mbk30072@aol.com

God bless, Mark, Linda, (aka mom and pop) Carolyn and Mikey

Old 08-11-2011, 06:46 AM
apx07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This move is to protect the dealers. It will do one of two things - increase the sales and profits for the dealers or increase the amount of non genuine parts purchased... I suspect people will look around at options more than ever.

A pity - M&M are good to deal with - will just be for non HD genuine parts now.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:03 AM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Probablyget the same or better parts without harley name or high price