General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mother Harley Changes MORE Policies!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 12:25 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

I don't know how much this will hurt Harley, as much as a lot of folks have been complaining about the way MOCO has been doing business the last few years, they actually have been doing a pretty good job. They just may know what they are doing. That doesn't mean I like it, but it might be right for the company at the moment.

Beary

Old 08-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Originally Posted by beary
I don't know how much this will hurt Harley, as much as a lot of folks have been complaining about the way MOCO has been doing business the last few years, they actually have been doing a pretty good job. They just may know what they are doing. That doesn't mean I like it, but it might be right for the company at the moment.

Beary
BS. Companies that get arrogant, will fall. My brother-in-law works for GM. Back in the the '80s, the digital dashboards had a horrendous failure rate and were $1800 to replace. I asked him how could you put out a product that was a pattern failure, and he said "If they can afford a Corvette, they can afford the dashboard"
Yeah they could also afford a BMW, or Audi, or Lexus, and that is probably where they went.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:44 PM
dnitram
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see anything good coming out of this policy change, except for the HD Dealers. Folks like M&M (where the email came from that I posted) have likely done a LOT of HD sales and businesses like this are going to be hurt... Heck, these folks have supported their families selling HD parts at a discount and likely put them through school, etc. Next HD will probably make another policy change that no HD Dealer can sell on Ebay OR the internet with discounted prices. That's what I think is likely to happen AND I think it'll really hurt them, yet help increase aftermarket sales by other suppliers...

Last edited by dnitram; 08-10-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: .
Old 08-10-2011, 05:11 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't buy many OEM or after market HD parts already because of the cost, this policy will just keep sending me else where. If I can only get it from HD, I won't have much of a choice, otherwise, it really won't affect me much.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Sinistre
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by Sinistre; 09-11-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: deleted
Old 08-10-2011, 05:37 PM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,735 Likes on 1,302 Posts

They want you to go thru the dealer, hell ours packed up and left without a peep, no goodbye, kiss my *** or nothin 45 miles to the closest now.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:58 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinistre
Parts prices are only a part of it. You should see the recently "re-aligned" bike prices in Australia. A few of the mid range bikes have come down, everything else has gone up. How would you feel about paying $15k for an 883L ?

Don't they have used bikes in Australia?
If people will buy them at that price then HD will sell them at that price.
I'm sure you like to get paid as much as possible for your work.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:29 PM
1HarleyGuy1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gogogadgetbiker
If any of our Canadian Brothers need a part bought/shipped to them I would be glad to order from Zanotti's and ship it to you afterwards. Just shoot me a PM.

I have ZERO interest in making anything for doing this, it just seems like the right thing to do.

If you think I am trying to scam you, don't bother contacting me. If you need help getting a part and have faith that there are still good people in the world I'd be glad to help you out. "As long as it doesn't get out of hand of course."
It's members like this that make this site so great!!!! Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it!!

1HarleyGuy1

Old 08-10-2011, 06:39 PM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MnM gave me better service and prices than any dealer.I will miss them.HD should rethink!

Old 08-10-2011, 06:55 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Everything I have wanted to buy at a dealership has been to be ordered
Dealer is keeping stock low to avoid inventory taxes.
Principle really doesn't care if customer has to wait.

GM told me 6 months ago that the moco was going after online genuine parts and dealers that sell online.

Quick Reply: Mother Harley Changes MORE Policies!