General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Charging my cell phone while riding??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 06:40 PM
MrsDowFire
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you everyone for the replies. Just to let you know that I don't have a cigarette lighter on the bike. I do have a battery tender and you've given me some good ideas to consider.

How do I mount a USB charge port to the bike and where would I put it? What is a USB charge port?

I'm not sure if battery tender came with a plug that would allow me to wire in a recepticle. How do I check for that?

Old 08-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Candy Red Road Glide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plug my iphone into the cig lighter and phone is charging no extra plugs needed.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:44 PM
bamarider
Tourer

Hexahedron where you buy the cigarette lighter adapter. I paid $3.00 for mine at O'reilleys auto parts. Online they can be up to $20.00 for the same part.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:46 PM
bamarider
Tourer

Originally Posted by bamarider
Hexahedron where you buy the cigarette lighter adapter. I paid $3.00 for mine at O'reilleys auto parts. Online they can be up to $20.00 for the same part.
Sorry spell checker. It should read becarefull

Old 08-07-2011, 06:52 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrsDowFire
I was curious if it's possible to be able to charge my cell phone while on my motorcycle. I have a verizon droid and bought a HD Audio Music Tank Pouch that I would like to be able to use with my phone and charge it at the same time. I have a hard enough time keeping my battery charged on the phone, so I'm sure using the phone to play music or use the navigation will really drain the battery quickly.

I have a plug that I use to attach the phone to the aux on the radio.

Any ideas?

I have a 2008 HD Street Glide, thanks everyone.
You would do better to charge your riding skills!

Old 08-07-2011, 06:55 PM
MrsDowFire
Advanced

Originally Posted by bamarider
So I can buy a cigarette lighter adapter? I have O'reilleys nearby; would this be the best way to go? Where would that go on the bike?

Old 08-07-2011, 07:02 PM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you everyone for the replies. Just to let you know that I don't have a cigarette lighter on the bike. I do have a battery tender and you've given me some good ideas to consider.

How do I mount a USB charge port to the bike and where would I put it? What is a USB charge port?

I'm not sure if battery tender came with a plug that would allow me to wire in a recepticle. How do I check for that?
No cig lighter on the SG? I would have thought it was there on the left just like my 2010. Maybe they only added it to newer models? Thats odd though - seems like a basic thing they would have added early on in the faring bikes.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:08 PM
NewAge
Road Master

So I can buy a cigarette lighter adapter? I have O'reilleys nearby; would this be the best way to go? Where would that go on the bike?
Ok so now im really confused.

Im looking at photos of 08 SGs and can see the cig lighter on the left side of the fairing.

I don't mean this to insult your intelligence or anything, but are you sure you just dont see it there? I mean it took me like 2 weeks to realize I had one.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:16 PM
MrsDowFire
Advanced
Wink

Originally Posted by LMmarine86
Ok so now im really confused.

Im looking at photos of 08 SGs and can see the cig lighter on the left side of the fairing.

I don't mean this to insult your intelligence or anything, but are you sure you just dont see it there? I mean it took me like 2 weeks to realize I had one.
I just went and looked and okay...I'm a big idiot.....i didn't even realize it was there. How bad does that make me? So sorry...so now I can just plug my phone into that.

I may never post here again....

Old 08-07-2011, 07:32 PM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member

And for those that do not have a factory installed lighter--
http://www.amazon.com/SAE-Cigarette-...im_dbs_misc_22

Quick Reply: Charging my cell phone while riding??