General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whadda Ya Say... a Harley Board for Harley Riders???

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 05:30 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Whadda Ya Say... a Harley Board for Harley Riders???

I have a great idea: Is there any way we could make a duplicate board -- here of course -- that was for people that actually love their Harley, despite their so-called imperfections? Seems like there is a growing posse of folks here who can only **** and moan about the bikes.

Hey... I got it. No ****, I feel yer pain. Must be terrible.

But I really don't give a ****, okay? And I bet there might be, ummmmm... maybe another half dozen folks here who feel the same way. Ya think?

Or we could have yet another page cause lord knows there sure are enough of them here for PEOPLE WHO HATE HARLEYS AND HARLEY RIDERS. Sorry to shout.

In the meantime, if you know someone who got killed on their Harley or cancer from the hot pipes on a 96, thinks foreign cruisers are just the ****, we HAVE to get water cooling or puppies will die, maybe thinks Congress should regulate what's in our tool boxes or feels strongly that our mere presence on the planet with our loud, obnoxious air-cooled, poorly constructed, evil inspiring, fat *** bikes is making you, your fat wife and your stupid kids uncomfortable ... well you could please hang out there by yerselves. Have a ball, it's free, donuts and coffee at the door.

It would be a blessing for the rest of us trying to have a civil conversation about Harley-hyphen-Davidsons and you would be among like minded folks.

Sounds like a win-win to me...

Old 08-05-2011, 05:33 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on board for this! Count me in!

Old 08-05-2011, 05:38 PM
BIGSTEVEX3
Cruiser

Man i love my HDs but still aint gonna lay down for some of the cheap crap the pull. your the reason they do what they do.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:02 PM
IMG2
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like some of what you say, but I have to agree with Big Steve. I can love my Harley and not love what the company is doing. If the Moco switches to all water cooled or perhaps a horizontally opposed 4 cyclinder engines would it be the same? I think what a lot of us are looking for is for the Moco to maintain the linage and all that entails.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:04 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Usually guys that make this post do it in their first month or two.
Some learn faster than others.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:17 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm all over a board like that. I'm tired of listening to asshats on a Harley-Davidson board putting down Harley-Davidsons. I've been tired of it for quite a while. I happen to be passionate about Harleys. That doesn't mean that I won't discuss their problems and/or shortcomings. But, don't come on here and tell me what pieces of crap I own.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:24 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bjewell
I have a great idea: Is there any way we could make a duplicate board -- here of course -- that was for people that actually love their Harley, despite their so-called imperfections? Seems like there is a growing posse of folks here who can only **** and moan about the bikes.

But I really don't give a ****, okay? And I bet there might be, ummmmm... maybe another half dozen folks here who feel the same way. Ya think?

Or we could have yet another page cause lord knows there sure are enough of them here for PEOPLE WHO HATE HARLEYS AND HARLEY RIDERS. Sorry to shout.

In the meantime, if you know someone who got killed on their Harley or cancer from the hot pipes on a 96, thinks foreign cruisers are just the ****, we HAVE to get water cooling or puppies will die, maybe thinks Congress should regulate what's in our tool boxes or feels strongly that our mere presence on the planet with our loud, obnoxious air-cooled, poorly constructed, evil inspiring, fat *** bikes is making you, your fat wife and your stupid kids uncomfortable ... well you could please hang out there by yerselves. Have a ball, it's free, donuts and coffee at the door.

It would be a blessing for the rest of us trying to have a civil conversation about Harley-hyphen-Davidsons and you would be among like minded folks.

+1 on your post. Stop the cry babies.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:28 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bjewell

I'm with you. pissers, moaners and whiners not allowed!

Old 08-05-2011, 06:30 PM
88xlh1200
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BIGSTEVEX3
Man i love my HDs but still aint gonna lay down for some of the cheap crap the pull. your the reason they do what they do.
As long as you ride a Harley so are you, and me, and the next guy. Even if you only buy used, that sale allows the previous owner to buy a new one, or another used one so THAT previous owner can buy a new one. Even way back long before the internet when I talked Harley's with older riders and former riders, it seems the prevalent opinion was if you had a problem you were pretty much on your own unless you had a rare dealer who stepped up. They don't look like they are about to change and they still remain popular.

For me, I love my Harley's warts and all, and really overall my bikes have been as dependable as any other vehicles I know of. Maybe some of the poster's who complain are buying the bike for the image and become dissatisfied with the reality?

J

Old 08-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,805 Likes on 3,166 Posts

I love the motorcycle, and with good reason I believe, I don't like the company.

It's been that way since I owned my first one in '72, so I've got a little history.

But I don't hate the MoCo enough to not ride their product apparently, ( though I wouldn't touch an '07 or later personally,) and I enjoy the comraderrie found here on the forum and out on the road.

I don't begrudge the bitching because some stuff HD does to its customer is seriously deserved. It's a forum though, and I gotta' listen to both sides. (And sometimes I even learn something from it.)

But if you want a one way GO (!) MoCo experience, perhaps you could start one of those threads that goes on forever here that only idolizes / never criticizes Harley Davidson. Apparently you'd have company.

Or better yet, tell the guy that's bitching just why for example, the weak cast crank shaft ( 07 later,) is a better component for his bike than the hot forged crank with Timken bearings ( like they put in my '00 bike, pushing 100,000 miles.) for him.

If you could PROVE how that's true, he wouldn't bitch anymore about it...Just a thought,

Quick Reply: Whadda Ya Say... a Harley Board for Harley Riders???