General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S&S super E

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011 | 04:58 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by V2Evo96
You have just provided the clue. If it runs better with the enrichener on it's too lean, and if it's too lean on the slow jet no amount of accel pump adjustment will make it right.

For a stock bike the .0295 slow jet should be fine if not a little too big. I would start with a .72 on the main jet or around that but no bigger to start with. If you have an .0295 in it now go up to .031 and run it.

You gotta read those plugs to know for sure when your about right. Browny/tan doesn't happen with todays fuel, but if you can get them to look medium grey your pretty right.

These carbs are dead simple but you have to adjust by the book and don't move to the next area until you have the first one right.

Strip it and check for clogs/debris and blow out the orifices with clean air. There is an orifice that you aren't suppose to blow clean but I can't recall which one--it's in the S&S book though.

Keep us posted....

Originally Posted by SportsterBob
Remember..The main Jet circuit turns on after 1/2-throttle open...And that is determined by airflow by a small hole called a bleed circuit...You don't tune the Intermediate Circuit by changing the Main Jet....
Hi SportsterBob,

I didn't mean to infer that at all and bummer if it came across that way as I don't want to add confusion.
In my 2nd para above the meaning was to give Hog85 an idea of what may be a starting point for jetting on his stocker as he seems to be lean if he's able to get a better running motor using the enrichener.