General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Dragonmaw
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I worked with some MLRS guys at the Army's Field Artillery School that swore by Gerbing boot, pant and glove liners. I am not sure if they were issued or if they bought the gear personally, but they all wore them.

Middle of the night, dead of winter in Oklahoma working on a rocket launcher's tracks, they were warm and toasty. Gerbing gets my vote.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:25 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

When you buy the best you only cry once.

My Harley-branded (Gerbings) jacket liner is some of the best money I've spent on MC gear. Be sure to get the adjustable controller.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:06 AM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cHarley
If your HD dealers carry heated gear, it's Gerbing, just relabeled for HD.

So go there for a test fit. Then order from gerbing because Harley only has a one or two year waranty. Gerbing has a much better waranty. Lifetime waranty on the heating elements in their products.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Krow
Tourer

Originally Posted by 32vld
So go there for a test fit. Then order from gerbing because Harley only has a one or two year waranty. Gerbing has a much better waranty. Lifetime waranty on the heating elements in their products.
From what I read on the Gerbing and HD sites, they both have the same warranty:

Gerbing:
When you purchase a Gerbing's heated garment within the United States, the electrical components of the garment are warranted to be free from factory defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the garment.......

All other [non-electrical] components of the garment are warranted to be free from factory defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of the initial purchase.

Harley:
One year limited warranty on grament (sic). Lifetime warranty on heating elements.

Am I missing something?

A fellow I was talking to the other day has a HD liner that he had problems with. He said he contacted Gerbing and they had him send it directly to them for repair.

Last edited by Krow; 09-20-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Very High Plain Drifter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Of all the companies that make motorcycle accessories, the one name I've never heard a complaint about was Gerbing.

I don't have any myself, but I wouldn't hesitate to order from them sight unseen.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:44 PM
harleyrider6910
Novice

I ordered my Gerbings from Gran Prix Motorsports in Littleton Co. and am happy with the product and customer service.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:15 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Gerbing

I melted a **** on my dual controller..Called Gerbing and ordered a new one. **** was about 99¢...and they shipped it to me for free. Some of the best customer service I've ever dealt with.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,263 Likes on 834 Posts

I've had warm-n-safe for a few years with no problems

Old 09-21-2011, 10:29 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Vespa Oklahoma carries Gerbings gear. That is where I tried it on and purchased it. They don't stock everything there, but they can get it from their OKC location.

Fayetteville isn't that far of a ride to Tulsa. The guys there were great to deal with and happy to help with everything. Feel kind of weird going to a Vespa store, but they do carry Ducati and BMWs too.

I did look at a few other brands, but after reading many forums, I was sure the Gerbings would fill the bill....good luck.

BTW, glove fitment is 'uber' important with heated gear...don't ask me how I know...just a free piece of advice.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:32 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The problem I've had over the past couple of winters is not being able to WEAR my heated gear. There's been so much snow and ice on the roads it makes the gear useless. Hoping for a mild winter this year.

Quick Reply: Heated gear