General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet security

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011 | 06:36 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member

Depends on where I am in the city. Sometimes I'll bring it in with me. The addicts in this town would steal a turd from your toilet bowl if they had the chance. Most of the time though i leave it hanging on the bars. I'd actually feel sorry for the ******* that wants to take my beat up, smelly, sweaty helmet.

Old 08-01-2011 | 06:38 PM
Agent777
Tourer

Originally Posted by cardboard
Ain't changin my habbits cause of a Teen.
They had better learn Respect of a bikers property.
True that. But unless they get caught in the act I'm afraid they ain't learning any respect.

Old 08-01-2011 | 09:37 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member

I hang mine over the right side mirror. If I'm worried about it I'll put the strap through the cables and secure it with the d-ring and strap. Keeps it from just being lifted off the bike.

Old 08-01-2011 | 09:41 PM
killerk95
Club Member

I've never heard of anyone stealing a helmet off a bike. I wouldn't really think too many people out there wanna wear someone elses helmet anyway, but I could be wrong. When on short stops I just hang it on right side on the brake lever. At hotels at night I bring it in. Never had a problem with anything coming up missing from my bikes, but could happen. There are a few dirt bags out there no doubt. Ride safe

Old 08-01-2011 | 09:48 PM
Aisak
Novice

I live in a helmet law state and I can see some jackass teen grabbing my helmet off my bike and driving off for no other reason than they can. My helmet goes in wherever with me. The only exception is when I'm at my church.

Old 08-01-2011 | 09:54 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member

I usually leave mine on the seat. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why anyone would want my old beat up, sweat soaked helmet. That said, when I leave the bike at work or visiting my Dad at the nursing home downtown, I take it with me.

Old 08-01-2011 | 09:54 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by killerk95
I've never heard of anyone stealing a helmet off a bike. I wouldn't really think too many people out there wanna wear someone elses helmet anyway, but I could be wrong. When on short stops I just hang it on right side on the brake lever. At hotels at night I bring it in. Never had a problem with anything coming up missing from my bikes, but could happen. There are a few dirt bags out there no doubt. Ride safe
Haven't been here too long have you. I've read maybe a half dozen threads about helmets being lifted off bikes.

Most recent was Mick from Australia in Vegas on a cross country trip.

It happens.

Old 08-01-2011 | 10:27 PM
HarleyScuba
Grand HDF Member

Google
Thumb cuffs
I don't use 'em, but I think they're a great idea (for locking your helmet).

Old 08-01-2011 | 10:41 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master

I used to use a gun lock. Now I have the Harley lock attached to the crash bar on my Raod king. The Harley lock was $18. I don't use it all the time, but it's there when I need it.

Old 08-01-2011 | 10:43 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

I leave it on my mirrors where I can keep an eye on it and my motorcycle.

Quick Reply: Helmet security