General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage Setups

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 11:19 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Garage Setups

ORIGINAL: toyrider

I thought you said garage, that looks like a mini store front...right now, my garage is loaded with elk mounts and deer mounts. Not enough room in the house...to look like yours Streetglide, I would have my work cut out for me.
Actually this is just my "Bike Space" a 12'x24' space at the back of my 2 car garage. The rest of it does not look as good but I am working on that too. The picture in your signature was one of those that gave me the idea of this garage post. Looks like you also have a very nice "Bike Space" also.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:27 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

Mike, thats a great set up you've got there. This is a good idea for a thread. I can use some ideas. Thank you for the compliment on my garage but I have only been in it three weeks and don't have anything set up. I think this thread will help. Thanks
DS, Your garage I can just dream about! With a garage like that I could ride all winter...........just open a couple windows to keep the exhaust fumes vented out !!!

Mike

Old 11-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: StreetGlide2006

In looking at some of the posts here I have noticed many really nice garages. Such as DenimStreet`s! As winter is closing in I have started sprucing up my garage. I was wondering what some of you have done. Lets see some pictures of what you have so I can get some more ideas for mine. So post up and let`s see what we can do.

Mike
Great setup Mike....

Hey where did you get the HD Skull banner ?

We've been in our place for about two years and we're still optimizing-the garage was the catch all location up until this past summer,as you can see I've worked to create lots of empty space.There's a heated/carpeted room on the other side of the wall my bike's against.That room serves as a combination workout room / sports bar... Some autographed sports memorabilia and other stuff hanging on the walls - I keep about 20 or more rock concert DVDs down there and run 'em on TV-Home Theater system - That room and tinkering with the bike in the garage are great places to get away from everyone and chill.

The wooden thing across from my bike with a vice on it is a solid oak dresser that my parents bought for me when I was 4 years old.I use it as a work table and keep motorcycle stuff in the drawers.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17242/462936D3C37E443DBD521F17113DA976.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: aframe2

It took me a year to get rid of most of the clutter. Still have miles to go.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9067/93E00CA594C7446F89B8B57BF59B4A26.jpg[/IMG]
Did anyone notice the chair for sitting and lookign at the bikes ??

My garage has just enough room open to park the bikes....the rest is just a walkway....hubby has too much crap[:@]

Old 11-11-2006, 11:43 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking chair

Old 11-11-2006, 11:45 PM
toadmanor
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: HDWG

Looks nice.......Now I am going to have get out and work on mine DAMNIT!!!
Hey, I like your Photo Studio, leave it as is.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:46 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: toadmanor

ORIGINAL: HDWG

Looks nice.......Now I am going to have get out and work on mine DAMNIT!!!
Hey, I like your Photo Studio, leave it as is.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:00 AM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: T 3

ORIGINAL: StreetGlide2006

In looking at some of the posts here I have noticed many really nice garages. Such as DenimStreet`s! As winter is closing in I have started sprucing up my garage. I was wondering what some of you have done. Lets see some pictures of what you have so I can get some more ideas for mine. So post up and let`s see what we can do.

Mike
Great setup Mike....

Hey where did you get the HD Skull banner ?

We've been in our place for about two years and we're still optimizing-the garage was the catch all location up until this past summer,as you can see I've worked to create lots of empty space.There's a heated/carpeted room on the other side of the wall my bike's against.That room serves as a combination workout room / sports bar... Some autographed sports memorabilia and other stuff hanging on the walls - I keep about 20 or more rock concert DVDs down there and run 'em on TV-Home Theater system - That room and tinkering with the bike in the garage are great places to get away from everyone and chill.

The wooden thing across from my bike with a vice on it is a solid oak dresser that my parents bought for me when I was 4 years old.I use it as a work table and keep motorcycle stuff in the drawers.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17242/462936D3C37E443DBD521F17113DA976.jpg[/IMG]

T3, I got the Skull Banner on Ebay a while back. It came from China, took forever to get but I have not seen another like it since.

Mike

Old 11-12-2006, 12:10 AM
ATC2
Cruiser

Hey Mike and Denim, I'm currently researching on flooring and I noticed you guys have the tiles that i'm considering. Can i get some feed back on these...? Thanks !

Old 11-12-2006, 12:16 AM
madelf
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well... once I get all the crap cleaned out (there's freakin' truckloads of stuff in there from even before I bought the place - I'm kind of scared of what I might find under some of those piles, there could be a good size car buried in there for all I know) and get the roof fixed... I will have a 30X90 with a full second floor for storage. That's in addition to the two-car attached to the house. There's already a sub-divided space with an existing chimney, so I can even have a heated shop area. It'll be nice one of these days.

Right now there's barely enough room in the combined space of both garages to fit two project cars and four bikes (the two old bikes will be sold off in the spring) plus a good size stack of firewood.

It's not fit to photograph yet.

Quick Reply: Garage Setups