General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Woman almost kills me... TWICE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Lardog666
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Woman almost kills me... TWICE!!!

I'm riding home from work yesterday in heavy traffic in downtown Madison. As I'm heading east on E Johnson (for those that know Madison) this woman in a maroon Escalade drifts all the way over into my lane running me to the curb. I was pissed to say the least, but I kept my cool, thinking about the latest 'bitch almost killed me' thread I had read on this forum, so I tuned around & did the 2 finger point from my eyes to hers making sure she saw me... which she did as she had the grace to blush & mouth the words "I'm sorry". I'm thinking "coolio... I kept my cool & she got the message".... wrong! Literally 4 blocks later, SHE DOES THE SAME GODDAM THING!!! Her window was open so I yelled "Where the phuque did you learn to drive you phuquing cow?" to her face though her open window. Her response? she goes "Don't swear at me!" & rolls her window up. No apology, nothing. Other divers are shaking their heads as the guy in front of us motions me to get in front of him...

Old 07-30-2011, 08:15 AM
ColoHarleyGirl
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Always beware of women in SUVs. They are all idiots! I don't trust them or let them in front of me. I have certain cars on that list as well.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:42 AM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Lardog666
I'm riding home from work yesterday in heavy traffic in downtown Madison. As I'm heading east on E Johnson (for those that know Madison) this woman in a maroon Escalade drifts all the way over into my lane running me to the curb. I was pissed to say the least, but I kept my cool, thinking about the latest 'bitch almost killed me' thread I had read on this forum, so I tuned around & did the 2 finger point from my eyes to hers making sure she saw me... which she did as she had the grace to blush & mouth the words "I'm sorry". I'm thinking "coolio... I kept my cool & she got the message".... wrong! Literally 4 blocks later, SHE DOES THE SAME GODDAM THING!!! Her window was open so I yelled "Where the phuque did you learn to drive you phuquing cow?" to her face though her open window. Her response? she goes "Don't swear at me!" & rolls her window up. No apology, nothing. Other divers are shaking their heads as the guy in front of us motions me to get in front of him...

Due to how most of those vehicles are driven, I have always referred to them as "Deathscalades".

Old 07-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Escalade,I always look out for the infamous Minivan!!!

Old 07-30-2011, 09:22 AM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

few words "Pocket full of nuts and bolts" never leave home without um.... handfull up in the air as you pass. works wonders for morons behind the wheel.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:38 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
few words "Pocket full of nuts and bolts" never leave home without um.... handfull up in the air as you pass. works wonders for morons behind the wheel.
oh you're so going to get flamed for that comment.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:47 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,372 Likes on 2,544 Posts

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
for all you guys that want to throw bearings, nuts and bolts, pennies, or anything else at 'stupid' drivers, please don't. it's not like stupidity is ultra magnetic so your loose bearings will go nowhere but to their car. there is already enough junk on the roads now as it is, especially here in louisiana. rare is the car that does not have a windshield crack in it.

plus, for as many stupid drivers as there are nowadays, you don't have pockets big enough!

i understand the frustration (and adrenaline rush) we all feel when encountering some idiot on the road who is hell bent on pushing us out of their way. but throwing junk on the road for some innocent to encounter (you never know, it could be you) is not the way to handle it.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:02 AM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe she wasn"t a woman....just saying

Old 07-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Don't waste energy on a road rage response of any kind. Everyone thinks the driver will drive safer after your response/action. It will not educate them. They will go back to driving the same way a few minutes/hours/ or days later. Just forget about it as soon as possible and get back to enjoying your ride.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:09 AM
afoulsmell
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow- what an awesome thread... and I thought it was going to be another worthless Saturday

I laughed at the "oh you're going to get flamed for that comment" comment.

And for a minute, I thought, yeah, pocket full of nuts and bolts- that's a good idea. But then I remembered that not only are the folks that seem to be trying to kill me oblivious, some of them probably don't mind using their vehicles as tools/weapons. So I don't think I'll be chunking any hardware today. But maybe a squirt gun with something other than water in it? Probably not the best idea. All those 4 wheeled vehicles are the same to me, but there aren't that many bike/rider combinations that look like me/mine. I'm easily remembered. I think it might be best to fall back behind them so they can't sneak up on you, and get their plates. Having their vehicle information makes it much easier to report them to the smoking vehicle hotline

Last edited by afoulsmell; 07-30-2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: had to add smilies

Quick Reply: Woman almost kills me... TWICE!!!