Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is why we will all be riding HD's with radiators soon.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 07:36 AM
aggro_jo
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pargenz
...And aggro_jo... if you think I'm an irrational knuckle-draggin' pirate that's OK too. Just be forewarned that my parrot may flip out and peck your eyes out.

When/if we ever cross paths, I will gladly by you and your eye-peckin' parrot the first round.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:40 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by cameraboy
maybe an air cooled engine can be designed that meets EPA requirements, is big enough to satisfy the american need for a giant engine, and won't light your jeans on fire or burn you through them?

I'm sure it's possible, with some good old american ingenuity.
Over 100 years later and their still trying.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:48 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry... end of story. You think she was OK with second degree burns, just not third? You have apparently not lived through either.

I don't think she was entitled to anything. Personal responsibility, remember?

It's not that I am purchasing liquids that I know are that hot. I don't make that determination until I handle them. Then I decide what to do. If a liquid is capable of causing 3rd degree burns I am setting it down... and damn sure not between my legs. I could tell that once I try to handle it. It ain't like they're serving it it concrete cups. Again, personal responsibility. Really, you trying to say that a rational human being couldn't arrive at that conclusion? Really?

No, what's pathetic is that you can't see where personal responsibility begins. I wasn't describing you, I was referring to this lawsuit.

Nope. Sorry. I inspect my scooter before I ride. If there was a part on it that potentially could cause me harm, and that so many lawsuits had been filed I would either replace said part or ensure mine wasn't exhibiting the symptoms of failure. Again, personal responsibility.

After reading your responses, I'm not sure you really understand what that is.

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY Holy **** what a concept.

Going to be hard to do with a generation that refuses to take responsibility for their own actions. Very few have the ***** to say "Yep it was my fault". Their too busy running around trying to find everything that they think is owed to them.

Last edited by xFreebirdx; 07-30-2011 at 07:50 AM. Reason: speeling
Old 07-30-2011, 07:57 AM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK... you have your opinion about it. I have mine. Doesn't make either one right or wrong... just our opinions. However, I think your comparisons to engineered parts such as brake pads or wheel bearings or handlebar risers are quite different than hot coffee.

And aggro_jo... if you think I'm an irrational knuckle-draggin' pirate that's OK too. Just be forewarned that my parrot may flip out and peck your eyes out.
Typical pirate response.

Do you a have a CCP permit?

Does your vest have a parrot pocket?

Instead of the pocket does your parrot like to FTW on the sissy bar or handle bars?

If handle bars, buck horn, ape, drag, which is his favorite bar?

Speaking of drag does the parrot like to dress up as a pirate from time to time?

Does the parrot like to bust a move to the Village People's YMCA?

Old 07-30-2011, 08:10 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Over 100 years later and their still trying.
I don't think they've been trying though. I think all they've been trying to do is pander to their customer base with as little effort as possible.

I'm not an engineer, and I'll gladly listen to an engineer explain to me why this is wrong, but it seems to me that making more power by sticking to two GIANT cylinders has reached a point where the heat buildup is substantial without adding a form of cooling other than simple air cooling.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:10 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 07-30-2011, 04:16 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 32vld
Typical pirate response.

Do you a have a CCP permit?

Does your vest have a parrot pocket?

Instead of the pocket does your parrot like to FTW on the sissy bar or handle bars?

If handle bars, buck horn, ape, drag, which is his favorite bar?

Speaking of drag does the parrot like to dress up as a pirate from time to time?

Does the parrot like to bust a move to the Village People's YMCA?
You seem to know an awful lot about pirate qualifications. Just sayin'.

As to CCP... Hmmm, is that Chinese Communist Party, Certified Computing Professional, Community College of Philadelphia, Crowd Control Productions, Code of Civil Procedure, Compression Control Protocol, Critical Care Paramedic? Nope, none of those permits.

Or maybe you meant CCW? If so, don't need one. Live in a state where it's not required.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:12 PM
C. Harper
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JMHO that when juriors award large settlements they are giving away their own money. Somewhere down the road it is going to cost all of us.

I hate what our court system has become. If I ever sue someone, I hope cameraboy is on my jury.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:19 PM
purvissp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As we speak I am having my wife sew an asbestos linings in the crouch of all my pants.

Oh what the heck, I would rather take a chance on crouch cancer than roasting my weeny.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:34 AM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C. Harper
JMHO that when juriors award large settlements they are giving away their own money. Somewhere down the road it is going to cost all of us.

I hate what our court system has become. If I ever sue someone, I hope cameraboy is on my jury.
Legal definition of jury: 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty.