Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is why we will all be riding HD's with radiators soon.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 03:40 PM
vheflin
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shoot the fuggin lawyers and give the puzzies a baby bottle to suck on. Total BS.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:46 PM
tail11
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rh8234
For the last 30 years, I have been hearing that the giant earthquake that is coming will cause California to slip into the ocean. In my humble opinion, that earthquake is LONG overdue. California and all the nut-jobs that live there need to go away. Not saying everyone in California is a nut-job, but there seems to be enough of them to keep electing morons and they seem to tolerate this kind on nonsense.
Wishing ill on people you don't know is not good karma man.

Not all of us Californians are nut jobs. We pay our bills and live our lives just like you. People are stupid in every state, or is Illinois special?

Old 07-29-2011, 03:49 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Excuse me, but what is the big wooopie ding about air cooled anyway? I don't get it. What's wrong with getting rid of those cooling fins and wraping a water chamber around the cylinders. The bike would sound the same, fart and sputter and shake like they do, but would run cooler therefore last longer, run with tighter tolerances, have more power.

I'm all for water cooled. I remember back in the '80s when dirt bikes went with water cooling. Everyone was bitching and complaining about how stupid it was, until the water cooled bikes were blowing away the old tech bikes in every race. Then people realized there was something in moving out of the stone age.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:50 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tail11
Wishing ill on people you don't know is not good karma man.

Not all of us Californians are nut jobs. We pay our bills and live our lives just like you. People are stupid in every state, or is Illinois special?
Nice...........

Old 07-29-2011, 04:04 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

what do you call a lawyer at the bottom of the ocean?

a good start

Old 07-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by schumacher
what do you call a lawyer at the bottom of the ocean?

a good start
I thought the joke went, What do you call 2000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

Old 07-29-2011, 05:01 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Kowan
I thought the joke went, What do you call 2000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?
or what do you call a million lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

Old 07-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

A lot of chum... and happy sharks.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:05 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cameraboy
oh man, that's terrible! You suffered jsut as much as this lady did! Did it burn your thighs and genitals with third degree burns too? Did you spend time in the burn unit, having the skin scrubbed? Did you amass 18,000 dollars in doctor's bills, ask the fiibertos people to pay for just your medical expenses, and get offered a few hundred dollars if you would promise not to talk about it? Did you miss work and stay two weeks in the hospital? Did you require skin grafts? Did 700 other people get third degree burns from a filbertos burrito, and did filbertos have a policy of actively refusing to deal with these people who got 3rd degree burns? Did filbertos have a policy of serving burritos significantly hotter than any other resturant because they believed that people wouldn't eat them until they got home, and by that time they would be cooled down enough to not cause permanant damage? Even though they were sued 700 times because they intentionally serve their burritos hotter than necessary, or even at a level safe for human consumption?

Some people are just ignorant who don't look beyond their own limited sphere of experience.

Her original lawsuit only asked for the cost of her hospital bills. That's it. Well, they rounded up from 18k to 20k. But people love to cite this case as an example of greed. Ignorant people who spout off about things about which they really don't know...
i would have thrown out the case, if your stupid enough drink hot *** coffee while driving (taking sips causes you to take your eyes off teh road). Then proceed to spill that **** and burn your vagina, and miss work. I bet you wont do that again.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:08 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll admit up front that I don't know all the details about the McDonald's coffee lawsuit.

Did a Mickie D's employee cause the hot liquid to come into contact with this lady's skin?

It seems to me that some common sense should be involved. Most people expect coffee to be hot. I know I do. The actual temperature? No... but I expect it to be hot enough to cause me to take whatever precautions are necessary to prevent it from contacting my skin... especially my naughty bits.

Once, years ago, I burned the roof of my mouth on a slice of pizza. The cheese stuck there and caused a severe burn. I went to the ER, but it never dawned on me to try to get the restaurant to pay for my stupidity. Didn't get a lawyer either. The fact that it almost burned my hand when I picked it up should have clued me in... just as a cup of joe that you can hardly hold in your hand.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Seems everything is someone else's fault.

Quick Reply: This is why we will all be riding HD's with radiators soon.....