Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is why we will all be riding HD's with radiators soon.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 01:34 PM
VTK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to see how they got burned
I have been close to being burned. My pant leg got so hot I smelled that smell you get from ironing clothes. I don't sue and am not part of the lawsuit but I don't have a problem with it either. And please notice it's in California where we have some pretty whacked EPA restrictions that most think is the cause of the heat. (at least those I've spoken to)

Cali is one of the worst examples I've seen of the lunatics running the asylum
QFT

Old 07-29-2011, 01:49 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is worse than the broad that sued because her coffee was hot.
Do you guys even know anything about that famous lawsuit, and why that woman won? I used to work for a legal publishing company, and I was lucky enough to come across that case. It's not as crazy as it sounds. Lots of people spout off about that case, but they really don't know what they are talking about and dont' care to know. They seem happier to have something to be outraged about.

Since i don't think anybody really cares, i'll just say 3rd degree burns, 20,000 dollars.

Last edited by cameraboy; 07-29-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:55 PM
HD-JESSE
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1
HaHa. Let me know when you have some for sale. I know a few guys that would buy 'em.
I'll take one of their hands. Dumb asses!

Old 07-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Mr. Wannabe
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cameraboy
Do you guys even know anything about that famous lawsuit, and why that woman won? I used to work for a legal publishing company, and I was lucky enough to come across that case. It's not as crazy as it sounds. Lots of people spout off about that case, but they really don't know what they are talking about and dont' care to know. They seem happier to have something to be outraged about.

Since i don't think anybody really cares, i'll just say 3rd degree burns, 20,000 dollars.

A lady spilled coffee on herself, got burned, sued and won. One time I took a bite of a burrito and hot refried beans shot out and burned the hell outta my chest, enough to bubble and scar. I did not sue, didn't even complain to the Filibertos chick that sold it to me. Some people are just whiny bitches.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:28 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

A lady spilled coffee on herself, got burned, sued and won. One time I took a bite of a burrito and hot refried beans shot out and burned the hell outta my chest, enough to bubble and scar. I did not sue, didn't even complain to the Filibertos chick that sold it to me.
Oh man, that's TERRIBLE! You suffered jsut as much as this lady did! Did it burn your thighs and genitals with third degree burns too? Did you spend time in the burn unit, having the skin scrubbed? Did you amass 18,000 dollars in doctor's bills, ask the Fiibertos people to pay for just your medical expenses, and get offered a few hundred dollars if you would promise not to talk about it? Did you miss work and stay two weeks in the hospital? Did you require skin grafts? Did 700 other people get third degree burns from a Filbertos burrito, and did Filbertos have a policy of actively refusing to deal with these people who got 3rd degree burns? Did Filbertos have a policy of serving burritos significantly hotter than any other resturant because they believed that people wouldn't eat them until they got home, and by that time they would be cooled down enough to not cause permanant damage? Even though they were sued 700 times because they intentionally serve their burritos hotter than necessary, or even at a level safe for human consumption?

Some people are just whiny bitches.
Some people are just ignorant who don't look beyond their own limited sphere of experience.

her original lawsuit only asked for the cost of her hospital bills. That's it. Well, they rounded up from 18K to 20K. But people LOVE to cite this case as an example of greed. Ignorant people who spout off about things about which they really don't know...

Old 07-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Mr. Wannabe
Road Captain

Oh man, that's TERRIBLE! You suffered jsut as much as this lady did! Did it burn your thighs and genitals with third degree burns too? Did you spend time in the burn unit, having the skin scrubbed? Did you amass 18,000 dollars in doctor's bills, ask the Fiibertos people to pay for just your medical expenses, and get offered a few hundred dollars if you would promise not to talk about it? Did you miss work and stay two weeks in the hospital? Did you require skin grafts? Did 700 other people get third degree burns from a Filbertos burrito, and did Filbertos have a policy of actively refusing to deal with these people who got 3rd degree burns? Did Filbertos have a policy of serving burritos significantly hotter than any other resturant because they believed that people wouldn't eat them until they got home, and by that time they would be cooled down enough to not cause permanant damage? Even though they were sued 700 times because they intentionally serve their burritos hotter than necessary, or even at a level safe for human consumption?

Some people are just ignorant who don't look beyond their own limited sphere of experience.

her original lawsuit only asked for the cost of her hospital bills. That's it. Well, they rounded up from 18K to 20K. But people LOVE to cite this case as an example of greed. Ignorant people who spout off about things about which they really don't know...

Well sir, you have proven your point and I admit my ignorance regarding this subject and will no longer site said example. You are right, I am wrong.

I still remain firm on my stance that these fellas that burned themselves on a hot motorcycle are whiny bitches until I am proven otherwise.

Thank you for your time.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:38 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Well sir, you have proven your point and I admit my ignorance regarding this subject and will no longer site said example. You are right, I am wrong.
Apologies. It's not even you, or this case specifically. There's something about strong, negative opinions based on not knowing the real deal that really pisses me off. something about injustice that gets into my bones, I think. 'Anyway, sorry for the drama. I get carried away.

I still remain firm on my stance that these fellas that burned themselves on a hot motorcycle are whiny bitches until I am proven otherwise.
yea, I don't know anything about that and I don't even ride a TC, and though my riding friends who do complain about the engine temp, I don't know if the exhaust gets hot enough to pose an unreasonable danger to a rider.....

Old 07-29-2011, 02:43 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Ah jeez give it a rest do-gooder...

Old 07-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Mr. Wannabe
Road Captain

Ya gotta admit though, scalding the frank and beans would make a guy pretty upset.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:50 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I burnt my leg on a pipe when I was 16 or so. I shoulda sued Honda

Quick Reply: This is why we will all be riding HD's with radiators soon.....