Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are we doing wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Hawgnuttz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skulltrainharley
Your not doing anything wrong your still alive! ..... it dont matter how many courses you go on how aware you are about your surroundings Kismet and the Reaper have different agendas that might or might not include you that day thats as much as you'll know ..... Life is a mystery to be lived not solved!
Gonna have to agree with you on this above statement Skull....But stupidness may excelerate the meeting of the reaper.......

Old 07-29-2011, 08:03 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawgnuttz
Gonna have to agree with you on this above statement Skull....But stupidness may excelerate the meeting of the reaper.......
+1 I agree....stupidity is the catalyst that will bring you to the end of the road in no time.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:04 AM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

I am NOT for government mandated riders courses. We have way too much government in our lives now (seen the news lately?) Should people take advantage of the riders courses out there? Sure, that would be a smart thing to do. But you can also teach yourself, especially with the materials that are available now days. A good dose of common sense, a little self education and some pointers from more experienced riders have taught most of us. Leave the government out of it!!!
This sums it up for me as well.

Sitting in a classroom is all fine and dandy but won't even begin to replace experience and some good common sense.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:05 AM
MrMojo
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speakerfritz
exit ramp posted speeds are probally a good indication of how fast you should go....and thats at ideal conditions....no rain...no leaves on the ground....no oil on tires from lst toll plaza, etc.
+1, I have to remind myself of the posted limits all the time (and that these are limits, not minimums). With my inexperience, there is a huge difference in going into curves with my truck vs. my bike and I remind myself of that constantly.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:07 AM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Drunk illegal aliens riding motorcycles in our mountains = trouble!

Old 07-29-2011, 08:26 AM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakerfritz
exit ramp posted speeds are probally a good indication of how fast you should go....and thats at ideal conditions....no rain...no leaves on the ground....no oil on tires from lst toll plaza, etc.

No Jim Beam either

I never saw no signs posted about no jim beam, what you talkin' about?

During MSF course I took with my son they said most mc accidents were due to taking curves to fast.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:38 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well they got their finger on the pulse with that last statement! .... " no pun intended "

Old 07-29-2011, 08:39 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

years ago we would get on the scoot after drinking for hours to go for a ride to straighten our head out....can't remember a single crash that resulted from that. we would blast thru the curves to relieve tension from a crappy day and feel alive after 8 hours of dealing with those "people that just dont get it". Riding these things just comes natural with little or not thought.
there were no such things as having difficulty understanding the "friction zone" or "counter steering" and you didnt get a diploma for dodging cones in a parking lot that gave you an automatic endorsement for you license and an insurance break.
you felt like the motorcycle was an extension of your body and it just obeyed your thoughts and you rode, and rode, and rode.
There are too many people believing that their ability to dodge cones at 10-20 mph and not drop their bike or successfully making it home from the dealer makes them a biker.
there are people on this forum that admit daily that their riding sucks. its not speed or drinking, its some people just dont belong on a motorcycle....

Old 07-29-2011, 08:51 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Two words: Track Day

Old 07-29-2011, 08:53 AM
grzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm , spending too much time in front of a computer thinking about posting stupid questions ?

Quick Reply: What are we doing wrong?