General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3/4 helmet recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 12:13 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,037 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by mswmn
I'm wearing the Bell Custom 500. This helmet has exceeded my expectations. It's light and not huge on my head. Best helmet I've ever had...

Old 07-25-2011, 12:16 PM
11FXS
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the HJC IS-33 HCJ branded version in Matte Black and love it. I wanted it because I didnt want to be an HD billboard. I took all the HJC logos off too and it does a really great job. has the snap out liner so you can actually wash it when it gets the funk going on. The secondary tinted shield is great for afternoons and the its a simple push of the button to get it to retract back up into the helmet.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:44 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I have the IS-33 as well. Really a nice helmet. Very comfortable even behind the fairing of my Ultra. I do have Bell 500s and Fulmer V2s, too, but they aren't vented...at all....if that sort of thing is important to you...

But my brother calls it my Buck Rogers helmet...I think it is more of a rotorcraft pilot's helmet...

Last edited by frontiercat; 07-25-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JonW
In my 40 years of riding, I've had all sorts of helmets. I just bought my first Shoei, and I love it. Fits well, very quiet. A little bit more money, but as usual, you get what you pay for.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/shoe...tinum-r-helmet
Ditto...

My year around (almost) helmet is now a Shoei RJ Platinum-R 3/4 helmet. Very comfortable, high quality and ventilates very well also which makes it far more tolerable in warmer months.

I got mine online for $187 delivered, so look around cuz some sites are over $200.

Last edited by Arizona; 07-25-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:59 PM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear the Fulmer V2 (Easy Rider). Great helmet, but like was said, doesn't vent real well. I have a snap on face shield that works fine in wet weather and doesn't feel claustrophobic like a full face. They tend to run small, so, if purchasing, I would go one size up. I do own a Shoei but it is full face. Shoei is a great helmet, as well as Aries.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:59 PM
citdrum2
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the Fulmer V2. Use it all the time on my highway driving. Keeps the wind noise down, but you can still hear your bike and it's not too bulky or heavy.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:15 PM
golfmajic
Road Captain
Location: Ottawa, Canada, summer, Daytona Beach Florida, winter
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Shoei RJ Air Platinum R, best helmet I have ever owned, can be custom fit with different size cheek pads, liner comes apart to be washed, replacement liner bits, is DOT ans ANSI certified, looks good, peak does not rattle like some others I have owned.
Buy it from a helmet shop so it can be sized to fit with the correct cheek pads, it is worth the money.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Been wearing my Rockhard for a couple months now, really like it for the price!

Old 07-25-2011, 06:07 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Harley Ultra-Jet II, or you can get the HJC AC-3. They are the same helmet. They also make it in a carbon fiber version. It's super light. I'm looking to get the carbon fiber now, but it seems that everyone is out of stock on it until late Sept. in my size(L). It has a shield that flips up, or you can remove it and install the visor.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Mr. Wannabe
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I want the absolute smallest and lightest 3/4 I can get my mitts on. I don't care about DOT or any of that. I just like one with a faceshield on for longer rides or when rain is out. I have a NOS Shoei from Justified Defiance but it's too small. What's the smallest "vintage style" 3/4 helmet that you guys have come across?

Quick Reply: 3/4 helmet recommendations