General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This really pisses me off..

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Sad travesty of Justice. Prayers sent to the Family of the Biker.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:38 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

The more expensive the lawyer the better the outcome.Justice? I think most of us know what it is really all about!

Old 07-26-2011, 10:56 AM
JWD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that sucks. Even here with our liberal Judges and laws in NY they hit em harder than that.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:48 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Moops
I agree. Just like there's no such thing as an accidental weapons discharge; it's alway a negligent discharge. Hopefully the family will sue this man for everything he has including the shirt off his back.
The drawback is that all he has to do is file bankruptcy, and depending on the laws where he is, he has just gotten out of paying anything to the victim's family and gets out of any civil liabilities "scott free".

Old 07-26-2011, 01:51 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Crex39
Wow, nobody here has ever used a cell phone while driving to get directions somewhere, verify an address, or call an appointment to say you were running late? Its not hard to talk and drive. Did anyone ever think that maybe these dumazzes are just crappy drivers period?
Nope. Never have. A motor vehicle is called a motor vehicle, not a phone booth. There is a reason for that.

Everyone knows that if you try and call me while I am the one operating a motor vehicle that I will not answer you. If it's important I will call you when I get to my destination, or when I am at a place stopped where I can SAFELY make a phone call.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:16 PM
FXSTS93
Cruiser

Until WE stop making excuses for people (will he was just this or that, he didn't mean to KILL them) we will continue to treat these this way.
We forget these people (DAs) work for us - pick up a phone (not while driving) and call them and tell them what you want. We accept the excuses and accept the punishments... WE're at fault!