General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts and prayers needed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 04:11 PM
UKLiz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear he's doing well. What a guy!

Old 07-24-2011, 04:17 PM
nele22
Tourer

Godspeed

Old 07-24-2011, 06:01 PM
ElectraDave
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery!

Old 07-24-2011, 06:11 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well he's made out his list of what he wants to eat for the next few days, and it seems that everything on the list contains beef.

As for the owner of the cow, one of the deputies that was there on scene last night, told me that he has had to go out there several times in the past couple of weeks cause this guys cows were out. The last time was the day before yesterday, and he told the owner that if he had to come out again he was going to cite him for it. The calf had no markings on it so we all figured the old boy would just deny it belonged to him. But he ponied up and admited it right off. So as far as hospital bills and the cost of the bike, we'll just have to wait and see if he wants to do it the easy way or through the legal system.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:46 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thoughts and prayers to the family for a quick and complete recovery.

Is it posted as an open range area? That's pretty common around here... out of the cities, anyway.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:08 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member

No it isn't an open range area. On a Texas hiway if you hit a persons cow, under the right circumstances not only are they not responsible for damage to your vehicle you can be held liable for the death of their livestock. But there is a part of that that is covered by "recouring issues" or something such as that. If there has been a recuring problem of your livestock getting out and you have been warned by the authorities to solve the problem then the livestock owner is responsible for any and all damages created by the livestock. But it always ends up having to be solved in a civil suit.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:06 PM
argus
Intermediate

Prayers from Phoenix

Old 07-24-2011, 08:21 PM
h2o
Road Captain

Prayers sent

Old 07-24-2011, 08:56 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

First off i want to say I'm happy to hear he is going to be alright, The bike can be fixed and so will he. But i gotta just ask this, was the cow making the dreaded left hand turn or was it texting?? So i couldn't resist!!

Old 07-24-2011, 11:03 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by hockey8787
First off i want to say I'm happy to hear he is going to be alright, The bike can be fixed and so will he. But i gotta just ask this, was the cow making the dreaded left hand turn or was it texting?? So i couldn't resist!!
No offense taken, we are all already joking at him about it. And he's firing back in kind. The first thing I pointed out to him was the irony of "T-Boning" a cow. He just has to stifle any laughs cause laughing with a broke rib is a tad bit painful. We felt kinda like ***-holes tho today once cause my mother-in-law walked in and got upset and told us (while choking back tears) that there was NOTHING funny about any of this. So we put a kabosh on it for the moment.
One thing I can tell ya tho is that if I ever get into a tough situation and the **** hits the fan, I'm glad he's on my side.

Quick Reply: Thoughts and prayers needed.