General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bikers Bad Name

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 07:23 PM
LT753
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bikers Bad Name

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

ORIGINAL: LT753

To Gunrunner, you slam LEO's but have Dirty Harry as your avatar. Just thought it odd. Driving like the idiot was, he was going to wreck one way or the other, don't blame us.

Lynn
, and just to let you in on a secret, Dirty Harry was a movie, clint eastwood is a actor, he's as much a LEO as Barney Fife is. LOL
Your kidding, and here I thought he was one of us.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:29 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably posting my thoughts in the wrong place, but, here goes....

Not taking sides, honestly, not taking sides. Just my opinion on this whole tragic story. Some, if not most, LEO's are decent, ethical, CAUTIOUS officers. But, what have they to gain by giving high speed pursuit on a motorcycle? What are the odds that the cyclist will die? 90%?...99%? That being said.....the cyclist should not have ran. Period. Is there a right answer to this? Not likely. Did these 2 youngsters deserve to die for a minor license violation? Absolutely not. Should the LEO bear some of the blame for the incident? If it were me, I would be haunted by it. I guess what bothers me most is the "Holier than thou" attitude of so many LEO's. Before you go blasting me for that.....if the shoe fits, you will be pointed out for wearing it! I just hate to see the ignorance of youth terminated by such ridiculous circumstances.

Ok, I am done. Carry on.

nogood o~`o

Old 11-10-2006, 10:07 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

If they had not chased him, the wreck might not have happened.
The Police are not at fault. The M/C driver is solely to blame. Had he STOPPED, the wreck would not have happened. What happened from the time the Police hit the red lights, was solely in the motorcyclists hands.

It is simply AMAZING, how if an idiot, runs from the Police (thus violating MULTIPLE traffic laws, misdemeanors, and in most cases, committing a felony) and kills himself, or somebody else, people will blame it on the cops.........they should have just let him go...

I wonder if that attitude would apply, if that person being chased had just stolen something from the complainer. Would he then say let him go......he might have burglarized my home, but he only took a typewriter.... I DOUBT it.