General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arizona biker rally shootings leave 3 dead

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:03 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,257 Likes on 4,784 Posts

Originally Posted by markophonic
I agree...no need for stupid as jokes at this time.

These are real people this **** happened to.

For all you know they could have relatives reading this forum.

maybe we'll get a good laugh when you drive off a cliff on your next hoka hey.

If my potential misfortune would give you a laugh that's fine with me. I really don't GAF whether you like what I typed or not. I don't seek nor do I need your approval.

You don't give a damn about those people. It just makes you feel good about yourself to say you do. That's the "in thing" to do nowadays. I would be surprised if you even remember the incident happened three months from now.

I know the victims names and I know what they looked like. Do you?

You can take your holier than thou attitude and stick it where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:21 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Looks like some people missed psychology 101 and every human tragedy for the past few thousand years or so.

Comedy is one manner in which we humans deal with tragedy. There are always jokes, usually very tasteless, which immediately follow.

Beyond that, IA's joke targeted the pro-helmet crowd, not the shooting victims.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:35 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Looks like some people missed psychology 101 and every human tragedy for the past few thousand years or so.

Comedy is one manner in which we humans deal with tragedy. There are always jokes, usually very tasteless, which immediately follow.

Beyond that, IA's joke targeted the pro-helmet crowd, not the shooting victims.
Finally! Someone gets it.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:53 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
Finally! Someone gets it.
Really? the sappy, "I'm making jokes to hide the pain" BS? You guys are way too sensitve.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:56 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by brenn
Really? the sappy, "I'm making jokes to hide the pain" BS? You guys are way too sensitve.
Not the "dealing with the pain **** I didn't know any of them....I was referring to the targeting the pro helmet crowd statement!

Old 07-26-2011, 08:47 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Not the "dealing with the pain **** I didn't know any of them....I was referring to the targeting the pro helmet crowd statement!
OK, I didn't get that that's what you meant, the first time I read it.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:28 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Happened to catch some local news about the incident yesterday. Thankfully they aren't spinning the unruly bikers, alcohol and guns ****. They did mention that the argument may have started over food?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:05 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like your attitude. I found the helmet remark to be spot on and I myself am surprised it wasn't mentioned by the press in the story. It may sound callous but I think they should have done what they need to do at the crime scene and continued the party. Why punish everyone else over a tragedy that they didn't make.
If my potential misfortune would give you a laugh that's fine with me. I really don't GAF whether you like what I typed or not. I don't seek nor do I need your approval.

You don't give a damn about those people. It just makes you feel good about yourself to say you do. That's the "in thing" to do nowadays. I would be surprised if you even remember the incident happened three months from now.

You can take your holier than thou attitude and stick it where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Didn't say whether or not they were wearing helmets at the time of the shooting.
Haha! LOL

Old 07-26-2011, 12:33 PM
markophonic
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@IronAss...Well I've sobered up now and after rereading your post I understand the context of your remark. I realize and admit that I was out of line with my post and apologize for my remark...I truly wish you no misfortune! I've followed and enjoyed your posts regarding your travels and look forward to your future trip!

Note to self: No drinking and typing.

Quick Reply: Arizona biker rally shootings leave 3 dead