General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sitting on a bike thats not yours, what do you do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 08:50 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

some hard core people here ...holy ****. when I was shopping for apes I would ask people with similier bikes that were running different brands of bars if I could sit on their bike. Not one person hesitated to let me , and gave me all sorts of information while I was sitting on their bikes. on the flip side , I couldn't count the people that have sat on mine doing the same thing....its a bike, help another rider out if ya can , thats what this life style is all about.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:52 PM
82ndABN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been asked by other riders if they could sit on my bike, does not bother me.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:01 PM
SPaZZdOG
Advanced

I don't have a problem of someone sitting on my bike if they ask. If I walk up and someone I don't know is sitting on my bike there will be hell to pay.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Lyfer
Tourer

Originally Posted by Kowan
We must think differently. I would never sit on or touch another's bike without asking.
That said I never ask in the first place, but have been offered when asking questions to the owner about his set up.
Same here. If offered I MIGHT straddle another person's bike, if it would be offensive to them not to take them up on their offer. It's like straddling someone's OL to get the feel of a different model ;-).

Old 07-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check your local dealer to see if they have a fitment bike. It is a bike that you can try different seats and handlebars on.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:50 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

This is one of them "No ****" stories.

About 25 years ago I come out of a bar. My bike was parked right in front of the door. Some guy was sittin on it. I said to him..."nice bike ya got there". He answered, "thanks but it's not mine". I said "OH is it a friends of yours"? to which he replied "no, I don't know whose it is".

I said that I thought maybe the owner might not want him sitting on his bike and the guys answers with "Phuk Him"!

I responded with "I'm him and Phuk You" and I pulled him off my bike and put him throught the glass in the front door of the bar.

Do not sit on someone else's bike without their permission. EVER!

Old 07-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would, of course never touch someones bike, and I also would not ask to sit on it to try the bars, etc either. I might talk about someones bars, etc and if they offered that'd be different. Just the other day someone asked about my Corbin and I offered him to sit on the bike.

But this one time (at band camp) ..... I was at the Broken Spoke in Sturgis and I went back out to my bike to get my camera out of the saddlebag. I opened it and started looking for it and thought to myself 'What's my jacket doing in here I didn't bring my jacket, hey wait a minute that's not my jacket, hey wait a minute this is not my bike!'

So there I was rummaging through some guys saddlebag (same red RKC that I had at the time) only mine was parked 10 bikes away. That was so.... so, I guess you could call it not good.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:48 PM
rsarno
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss

About 25 years ago I come out of a bar. My bike was parked right in front of the door. Some guy was sittin on it. I said to him..."nice bike ya got there". He answered, "thanks but it's not mine". I said "OH is it a friends of yours"? to which he replied "no, I don't know whose it is".

I said that I thought maybe the owner might not want him sitting on his bike and the guys answers with "Phuk Him"!

I responded with "I'm him and Phuk You" and I pulled him off my bike and put him throught the glass in the front door of the bar.

Cool story bro, but seriously, do i need to keep repeating ... i had no intention of sitting on anyone elses bike without permission?

Old 07-21-2011, 11:06 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This has gotta be a troll thread, right? Sitting on somebody's bike without their permission (especially a stranger's bike) is on a par with walking up and caressing their wife's ***. I'm a particularly kind and gentle man, and neither act would end well with me.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:11 PM
kh24
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss

Great story. I say that guy probably sat on his last bike without permission.

And to the OP, I wouldn't ask to sit on someones bike but if you talk to them about their mods and seem knowledgeable enough most people would probably offer to let you hop on.

Quick Reply: Sitting on a bike thats not yours, what do you do?