General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012s really disappointing.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Grizcat68
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stopped in the dealer and they had 2 new streetglides, in the red and the blue. Let me just say the red one was a amazing shade of red, it stood out from everything else in the shop area, even the customs being worked on. The Blue was darker then I expected and I was not thrilled with it. Then I looked at it up close, and saw the flake in the paint. I think it would look better out in the sun, as I was looking at both under fluorescent lights. I'd definitely go with the red if I hadn't bought my sedona orange this spring

Old 07-21-2011, 08:00 PM
scasey
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob-n-Ohio
I really liked the changes for 2012 but I don't like the colors at all.
I don't know, the white RK I saw at the dealer was pretty sweet

Old 07-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Wild Card
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the MoCo the way it is, and has been so quit yer bitchen.

I'll say this they are making a killing on the 25-30$k Geezerglides, everywhere I go there's a pack of 10 or more, so I would only imagine, and I am not a master in making a dollar but they are putting all there inovation into the 30k glides that are flying off the shelves like hotcakes

Old 07-21-2011, 08:14 PM
the blob
Road Warrior
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

no crossbones, no fxst,low rider and many standard models = boring in my opinion. seems like all the rage lately are high dollar rub style dressers, at least at my dealers near me. yawn.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:14 PM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jdsmitty10
The longer the MOCO doesnt impress me.. The longer my deuce is the nicest bike out there... Until then my deuce is staying in my garage and I won't be in a dealer buying something else..

Old 07-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,123 Likes on 3,659 Posts

Baggers are hot item now.... so 103 was a no brainer for MOCO...other than that???? WTF is new...

Old 07-22-2011, 12:17 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Nothing excites me. Extremely glad I still got my '09 Ultra. Keeping an eye on the future Road Glide Ultras that I might buy.

Thorey

Old 07-22-2011, 01:01 AM
reddog8145
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Very High Plain Drifter
Each new year's crop of Harley's reminds me of something that Britain's last domestic luxury car manufacturer (Bristol) said once. It was something like: "We prefer continual and incremental improvements instead of startling the public with a new model every few years."
And where is Bristol now.....

I for one would like to see better suspension. Brakes. Led lights. Better quality of some items. Chrome handle bars from the off instead of stainless steel. How about more chrome hex bolt instead of zink alloy.
One scary thing. In the Uk the price of a new Fat Boy and the other bikes have gone up over £1000. That's a big hike. Having said that to convert a 96 to a 103 costs about £3000.

I agree with most though.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:06 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by the blob
no crossbones, no fxst,low rider and many standard models = boring in my opinion. seems like all the rage lately are high dollar rub style dressers, at least at my dealers near me. yawn.
I hope you have you flame proof suit on. This crowd don't take lightly to negative criticism about their first love(HD). But , yes I agree completely with you !

Last edited by jaysonL; 07-22-2011 at 05:20 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:33 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

You guys who do nothing but sit around and drink the HD kool-aid from the Harley dinner set you bought while you were hanging around at the dealership all last summer make me tired . I didn't say the product sucks..... I said I was disappointed with the 2012s ! The models offered every year are getting fewer and fewer . The base models that a lot of people can only afford are pretty much gone . i.e. Super Glide . And no....not the custom . Also where's the Softail standard ? GONE ! And so it goes . One of the top selling bikes in the line up, the St. Bob, has a whopping two colors to choose from! Red, or black . I know, there's technically three, flat black, gloss black.....but they're both BLACK! Softails....What if you don't care for the black line, or the FL type front ends ? Tough **** ! Also, the Night Rod special.....By far the best looking V-Rod . They bitched it up by making it look like the gawd awful VR Muscle ! Do I like the motorcycles ? YEAH . Would I buy a Jap bike over any Harley ? NO ! Do I think the Co. has really given up it's diversity in design in exchange for more clothes ? HELL YES ! So, to anyone who felt the need to be a dick to me because I voiced my opinion....... F*ck off !

Quick Reply: 2012s really disappointing.....