Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comparing Khrome Werks HP Plus

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 09:32 PM
warren888
Account Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Comparing Khrome Werks HP Plus

I just changed out my stock pipes - '06 lowrider with SE stage 1 A/C and download.

I wanted something with a deep base sound, but not too loud. I have friends with V&H, but found them excessively loud.

Anyway - I bought Khrome Werks 3" HP Plus slip-ons because they were supposed to be a little less loud than SE IIs (and I can't get SE IIs anymore).

But I just took the bike for a test ride and they seem REALLY loud to me. I also noticed you can see right through the muffler - the baffles have very little in the way of the flow (they have perforated sections on the sides that are packed with fiberglass however).

Anway - has anyone had any experience comparing the Khrome Werks sound to other pipes? Is it my imagination that these things are really loud, just because I'm not used to them? Does anyone know how they compare to SE IIs or V&H Slip-ons??

I would appreciate any input. Thanks..

Old 11-09-2006, 09:43 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Comparing Khrome Werks HP Plus

Wait a minute! Loud is a BAD thing??? OOPS!
ORIGINAL: warren888

I just changed out my stock pipes - '06 lowrider with SE stage 1 A/C and download.

I wanted something with a deep base sound, but not too loud. I have friends with V&H, but found them excessively loud.

Anyway - I bought Khrome Werks 3" HP Plus slip-ons because they were supposed to be a little less loud than SE IIs (and I can't get SE IIs anymore).

But I just took the bike for a test ride and they seem REALLY loud to me. I also noticed you can see right through the muffler - the baffles have very little in the way of the flow (they have perforated sections on the sides that are packed with fiberglass however).

Anway - has anyone had any experience comparing the Khrome Werks sound to other pipes? Is it my imagination that these things are really loud, just because I'm not used to them? Does anyone know how they compare to SE IIs or V&H Slip-ons??

I would appreciate any input. Thanks..

Old 11-09-2006, 10:03 PM
1sportytrike
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put SE's on mine and they seem kind of quiet. Nice low sound but not loud at all until you get into it and then not bone rattling.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:48 PM
warren888
Account Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was able to compare with a few friends today - once has V&H Straight Shots, the other old SE II.

I think I'm just not used to the non-stock exhaust. I would say the Khrome Werks are similar to an SE II - maybe a hair louder. Definitely not as loud as the V&H (which had quiet baffles in them).

But my Khrome Werks tone is excellent. I rode around 175 miles today and loved it. I can actually hear the bike at highway speed, and i have a great "harley" sound.

I dont' think they make pipes with a sound level that I want (probably mid way between SE 1 and SE 2)... but these Khrome Werks are really excellent - great tone & great workmanship / materials. Quite impressed with them.