Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another win for the good guys (us)!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 07:32 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Moops
I wouldn't expect much out of these bills. Law enforcement will just start establishing check points for all vehicles. If the police want to get into your business than they will find a way to get into your business; it's going to happen one way or another. The second bill is all fine and dandy if there is a police officer right there when the offense occurs. The only way I see this law being used is if there's either personal or property damage that results in an accident investigation. If states want to make the roads safer than stop giving driver's licenses to idiots. This is a very small step in the right direction, but I have to call this as I see it - Another piece of crap politician grandstanding to get votes.
glass half empty huh?

Yeah it will be all vehicles now and thats is just more pissed off people to help make all the checkpoints go away hopefully.At least this is a start.Lets just enjoy a win for a change.I for one am getting sick of hearing about bikers getting ran off the road...getting shot by the police....getting harrassed at checkpoints...getting fk over in general.Lets just enjoy a bit of good news.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

-----------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-02-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Moops
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by straydog13
glass half empty huh?

Yeah it will be all vehicles now and thats is just more pissed off people to help make all the checkpoints go away hopefully.At least this is a start.Lets just enjoy a win for a change.I for one am getting sick of hearing about bikers getting ran off the road...getting shot by the police....getting harrassed at checkpoints...getting fk over in general.Lets just enjoy a bit of good news.
You're right. Sorry for being the killjoy, but I have absolutely zero trust in today's government. Usually something from government has a long, proud history of seeming good up front, but ends up being really shitty down the road.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:53 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

How can that be anything but profiling a certain group anyway?.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:56 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 931 Likes on 573 Posts

Moops - Not as likely. They would have to do it on their own dime. The Federal money was for motorcycle stop points only. Also, just for officers that were on overtime.

What a fricken waste of my tax dollar.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,261 Likes on 1,577 Posts

North Carolina had a power shift in the last election. Anti government was in the air.

Plus the Outer Banks Bike Week and Spring Rally are trying to ramp up after Myrtle Beach told us not to come.

Even small victories are wins.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 466 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
How can that be anything but profiling a certain group anyway?.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:29 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Moops
You're right. Sorry for being the killjoy, but I have absolutely zero trust in today's government. Usually something from government has a long, proud history of seeming good up front, but ends up being really shitty down the road.
I see your in Gulfport... now I know why you don't trust government. Must still be waiting for the clean up crews to show up.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Moops
Tourer

Originally Posted by TO34
I see your in Gulfport... now I know why you don't trust government. Must still be waiting for the clean up crews to show up.
Don't get me started with that mess. Local governments and the State of Mississippi committed blatent fraud, waste, and abuse with the money that BP shelled out that should have went to clean-up and relief of fisherman. Nope, 18 years and counting of active military service has allowed me to see plenty to give reason not trust government. High-3 Redux, a gift from Congress should you take it, is a rip off, Survivor Benefit Plan is nothing more than legalized theft, and now some fine politicians want to make it so that we can't collect our pensions at 20. We fight their wars and get treated like **** in return. Hope you don't fall into the ERB or PTS category brother. Can't trust a great white when you've seen it up close and personal, ya know?

Old 07-19-2011, 08:53 PM
rlggray
Tourer

Originally Posted by DEGRider
This should be adopted by all states.
definetely.

Quick Reply: another win for the good guys (us)!