General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Face Helmet On A Fatboy...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:10 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I wear a FF, full time, when riding my Fat Boy and couldn't care less one way or another what the HD fashion police think.
Tom

Old 07-18-2011, 10:27 AM
JakesDad1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've usually worn a FF helmet for my adult riding. Mostly HD brand and mostly black. Recently I read that bright colored or better yet, white helmets help get you seen. If you pay attention to helmets coming at you, what I've read is true. So.... I now ride with a white FF helmet. I like being seen by the cages.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:35 AM
RayBoy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always wear my black HJC full-face helmet. Not highest end, but affordable and DOT/Snell approved (though DOT don't mean sheet). Wore with it on my last Fat Boy. Ride with it now on my Road King. Also wear leather jacket in 90 degree weather and leather boots. Always will. Don't care who thinks it's fasionably correct. I dropped my first Fat Boy way back when at low speed--with no shirt and no helmet. Walked away. Just lucky. Not going try that again. Folks in novelty half-shells can look down on me all day if they think my FF doesn't make me a "biker". Don't care. I've been riding HDs for many years. It's my *** in the seat, not theirs. Wear what makes you feel safe and comfortable, dude.

Well, that being said, I think we could all do without the "Free Mustache Rides" helmet stickers regardless of helmet style. That stopped being funny three decades ago. ;-)

Last edited by RayBoy; 07-18-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:36 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fat boys usually wear half helmets.

Attached Thumbnails Full Face Helmet On A Fatboy...-fbc5bb7a881e.jpg  
Old 07-18-2011, 10:53 AM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't consider riding any motorcycle to be a fashion show, so it doesn't matter. What the hell is a 'cruiser style' anyway?

Old 07-18-2011, 11:20 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

I can't even begin to answer a question like that but want to be updated on the responses as I'm sure they will continue to be good ones for the most part.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Moops
Tourer

Glad I've long passed the point in my life where I gave a **** about looking stylish. If you ever feel like a dork for wearing a FF helmet, just remember that you're a dork riding a Harley which makes it okay and I and the majority of us would still roger up to ride with ya.

"That's one hell of a price to pay for looking stylish!" - Dirty Harry

Old 07-18-2011, 12:26 PM
meatsack
Banned

Who gives a **** what it looks like. If you want safety for your head and face...buy a FF. If you wanna believe you'll look cool...buy a novelty 1/2.

Buy what the hell you want and don't listen to all the Keyboard warriors...

I love these threads. Personally, I'd never wear a novelty...why bother?

Old 07-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Moon-dog
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RayBoy
I always wear my black HJC full-face helmet. Not highest end, but affordable and DOT/Snell approved (though DOT don't mean sheet). Wore with it on my last Fat Boy. Ride with it now on my Road King. Also wear leather jacket in 90 degree weather and leather boots. Always will. Don't care who thinks it's fasionably correct. I dropped my first Fat Boy way back when at low speed--with no shirt and no helmet. Walked away. Just lucky. Not going try that again. Folks in novelty half-shells can look down on me all day if they think my FF doesn't make me a "biker". Don't care. I've been riding HDs for many years. It's my *** in the seat, not theirs. Wear what makes you feel safe and comfortable, dude.

Well, that being said, I think we could all do without the "Free Mustache Rides" helmet stickers regardless of helmet style. That stopped being funny three decades ago. ;-)

Very well said.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:39 PM
bustert
Grand HDF Member
Received 792 Likes on 693 Posts

i wouldn't even worry about it! i used to wear an air force flight helmet, looked like a big dragonfly head but the thing was indestructable, wore the lining out first. style is in the eye of the beholder and safety is in the hands of the individual!!! when i took the front end off a 1972 chevy impala, thank goodness for full coverage as i flew 80 feet off the bike and landed on my head and shoulder.

Quick Reply: Full Face Helmet On A Fatboy...