General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Face Helmet On A Fatboy...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Ed Vanharley
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having cervical spine disease (sounds worse than it is), I wish I could ride with a full face helmet but for me the added weight and buffeting prevents it. Ride safe

Old 07-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

I have three FF helmets to choose from w/my Street Glide...Bell, Sparx & Scorpion. The Sparx & Scorpion have "metric" style graphics, but the Bell is old-school AF. No one has ever ridiculed my headgear on bagger so I think you'll be fine.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:34 AM
turd fergussen
Tourer

i want this one.
http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/PR...ne2mattesilver
....converts from a full face to an open face and back again.

Last edited by turd fergussen; 07-18-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Sonicgazi
Cruiser

I wear a full face helmet only in the cooler fall and winter months. Sure, it doesn't fit the "cruiser" look, but who gives a shart if you're comfortable? There is nothing wrong with a fulll face helmet. It doesn't matter what style you get as long as it fits properly and is comfortable. I've discovered that the best full face helmets are usually a little more pricey. But trust me, they're worth it because of the fit and feel. Some good brands that fit me well are Icon, Bell, Shoei, HJC, and Arai. You can get graphics on them or not, it's up to you. I went with a solid black Icon Airframe helmet with the rubatone finish. It's EXTREMELY comfortable and breathes well. Great helmet.

http://rideicon.com/product_details....=3427&id=12079

Old 07-18-2011, 08:48 AM
spiker
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turd fergussen
Just looking at it makes me cringe,if FF helmets ever become law,I will stop riding.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:48 AM
IMG2
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Just Dave
Wear what you want to and enjoy the ride.
+1 from here

Old 07-18-2011, 08:58 AM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 413 Likes on 220 Posts

The post title caught me, I thought there was going to be a picture of a rather rotund fella in a full face I've worn one ever since I could afford one. Who cares what others think, it's all about the ride and personal preference not a fashion statement.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:09 AM
kevmiami
Tourer

Purchased a Fatboy recently and decided to move to a full face from a 1/2; run I95 in S. FL at 75-85 w/Traffic; also wear Jeans, Heavy Boots and Mesh Jacket no matter how hot it is. I purchased the Shark Evoline 2 Modular helmet in flat grey/silver about 7 weeks ago, last week I started switching back and forth between the two helmets. The shark provides much more protection and I believe is the only helmet that you can move from FF to 3/4 while in motion - this works very well. It is however, a little heavy and pretty large. I do not recommend wearing it without some type of wind shield on the bike (I recommend the very small, but effective Windvest). If you have the visor up (at any speed), it whistles and drives me crazy. If you are moving at high speed, the helmet is so large, you can not turn your head fully to check your blind spot without the wind trying to tear your head off. It is comfortable from a fit perspective - no problem wearing for a long time; Sena headphone/mike works well with it; internal sun visor is nice; you can get replacement visors easily; the conversion feature is great for low-speed 3/4 and high-speed full. Tough choices to make; these issues in my view are much more important then looks. It's really about the level of risk you willing to accept in the environment you ride in and the day to day practicality of the helmet. Cheers, Kevin.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:12 AM
inswva
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because, as we all know, fashion is *the* most important thing to consider while riding.

GMAFB.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:17 AM
turd fergussen
Tourer

cool option, open for the short drive, closed for the long haul, rain, ect... cool concept, i would like to try first hand though..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sX7S...feature=fvwrel

Quick Reply: Full Face Helmet On A Fatboy...