General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Douchebag Neighbor

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Ultra Rider 07
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 290 Likes on 142 Posts

Neighbors can be a pain in the ***. We have 120 acres with a cabin in northern Pa. Well we like to shoot and shoot slot, all day and into the night. Couple of years ago some **** moved into a rancher on one acre and was hell bent to control a couple thousand. Bitch called the State cops several times, cops actually flew over in a helicopter than sent two cars up to see us. well the cops were really cool about it. We were not breaking any laws and they hung around for about an hour while we fired up two 50 cal sniper rifles. They told us next time we come up to shoot just give them a call so they know we are at our place when the call comes in. Then the bitch started calling the game commission and we got a couple fines for running four wheelers down the pipeline behind her place. Next we made a track or course on our property just across the pipeline from her place, gave the kids the 4 wheelers and turned them loose. Took about a year but her and her douche bag ol man finally sold out. Don't let the bastards win.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:27 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

I think we all have or had one.....If not, sooner or lator................o~`o...........

Old 07-17-2011, 08:32 AM
tourglider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem once. The old lady upstairs kept complaining to the apt office about my bike. Granted I had to be to work at 4am but I would start it up and pull away immediately and I was the last apt before the street so I was gone pretty quick. But after about the 10th conversation with management I got up 30 mins early went outside and startedt the bike with the choke on so it was idling at about 1300 rpm, went inside took a shower ate a nice breakfast and leisurely flipped through the paper then went out and reved it up a few times then left. Never complained again. Sometimes you need to show people how bad it can be so they can appreciatte how nice you really are.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:34 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiadrum
So we just moved into a Townhouse in Morrisville NC (temporarily by the way,we are looking for a place with some seperation and privacy)and on our very first day of living there I fired the bike up at around 11:30 am on a Wednesday and this nutjob comes running out of his house-about 3 or 4 units down on the other side of the street-and starts asking me if I will be riding "often" and at night!Says his wife is having Heart palpatations as we speak.Asks if I can push the bike down the street and then start it!I calmly(somehow) tell him that motorcycles are not illegal and I will be as respectful as possible and idle in and out of the neighborhood.
Dude rings the doorbell later that night,finally introduces himself as "Rick"(rhymes with...)and hands me some printout about some neighbors having a conflict and the "Dude" with the motorcycle agrees to push the bike down the street and then start it.This guy just won't give up.Just happened to run into an officer later that day and he laughed and said don't pay any attention to the guy.It has been waves and smiles from pretty much all the other neighbors.
Good thing I didn't set up my drums!
It never ceases to amaze me to what levels people will go to in order to project their issues onto others. Almost every neighborhood has an a$$clown like this one. HOA's are the worst, as they are usually filled with power- hungry, ego driven types, although there are exceptions. Maybe your HOA president is a decent sort, and you can just be up front with him/her and tell them your not going to be an idiot and rev the bike up at all hours. I doubt you are the only person this guy has had an issue with, so I am sure they are very familiar with this guy.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What's he gonna do when you throw the party for all your biker friends?

Old 07-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,269 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Most of my neighbors have hobbies that make a little noise. Dirt bikes, lifted trucks, the occasional gunshots, some loud music every now and then.

We all live and let live, then drink beers together. If someone doen't like it, they haven't knocked and complained yet.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Max96
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Seen this same scenario before with folks I know. Here is the bottom line.. IGNORE this jackazz. Your bike is registered and insured, just like every cage driving up and down that street. Its legal to ride to and from your residence, do what you want, how you want. Next time jackazz feels the need to walk up your driveway to rag you out, make it clear to him he is trespassing. Dont let him get to you and ruin your day. Had "noise" issues years ago with a neighbor that lived below me in a condo complex. Ruined a good year of my life, dont let that happen to you.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,269 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Originally Posted by Zimbob
What's he gonna do when you throw the party for all your biker friends?
I'll come, I'm not far away.

And the Wide Glide I just picked up is running HS straight shots, unbaffled, and needs some carb adjustments

Old 07-17-2011, 09:32 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I lived in one of these places once.
Now I thank God for rural America.
The broken straw was getting a faceless letter for having my garage door open while I worked on my streetrod. Never - ever again!

Old 07-17-2011, 09:44 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you're not breaking any laws, then just tell the guy to go f himself. Being friendly with the neighbours is highly overrated. I live in a rural area and don't even know my neighbours. That's why most people live here, I think.

Quick Reply: Douchebag Neighbor