General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Full Faces is Anyone Riding With?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 06:15 AM
HarleyCamper
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done a lot of different ones over the years. Have always preferred half helmets for comfort. I recently bought one of these from HD and can honestly say that it's the most comfortable (and practical, especially if you ever plan to use intercoms) that I've ever had. Also kinda like the fact that it's modular. In the end, of course, you just have to go to a store and try a bunch of them on. We all have different head shapes and finding the one that fits yours is what's most important.

By the way, it's made by HJC. Just has Harley logo stuff all over it.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:25 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My wife and I used to have the HD (HJC) modulars.

One day, she had hers resting on the seat of her bike. It rolled off and landed on the driveway and just from that fall, the whole flip-up face shield popped off.

Later that day we bought ourselves some Arai regular full faces. Safety aside, they are lighter, more aerodynamic, and quieter. Big improvement over the modular helmet.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:43 AM
woods
Cruiser

Find what fits your head best.
I have been wearing Arai Quantums for a good 10 years and they fit me well.
I had a A Shoei RF1000 before that and had planned on going back to Shoei but after fitting helmets the Shoei really didn't fit as well as I thought it would.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

I use a Arai Quantum II for my Full Face Helmet it's Snell and DOT approved. They seem to be around $350. I typically use a 3/4 unless I'm going on a long trip and it's a HJC FS-3 which is also Snell and DOT and a Snell rating for a 3/4 is kind of unusual. On eBay the FS-3 can be had for about $75

Old 07-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Good topic as I am considering a new ff. Amazed how many of you have several helmets.

Are there some low cost modulars with built in speakers for my ipod player etc?

Old 07-16-2011, 09:54 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by aysrav
I've done a lot of different ones over the years. Have always preferred half helmets for comfort. I recently bought one of these from HD and can honestly say that it's the most comfortable (and practical, especially if you ever plan to use intercoms) that I've ever had. Also kinda like the fact that it's modular. In the end, of course, you just have to go to a store and try a bunch of them on. We all have different head shapes and finding the one that fits yours is what's most important.

By the way, it's made by HJC. Just has Harley logo stuff all over it.
I have he same helmet, mine is just the HJC, but like you said it is the same excelt the branding. Love this helmet especially the internal sun shade.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:55 AM
FXSTaCy
Cruiser

Bell Star's have been my favorite, but recently got a Shark Evoline 2, as another poster mentioned it can be changed from FF to 3/4 with a push of a button and it's DOT in either form. Also has a slide down sun shade so sunglasses aren't needed on sunny days and the visor will click into several positions from closed to open (same as Star) for added ventilation.

Whichever your choice be sure to try it on before you buy because helmets are made for different head shapes. I believe the Icon is for a narrow shape. Also check helmet reviews for sizing and features, sometimes the most expensive ones aren't the best.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:56 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Gonna try on a few today.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:58 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a Shoei X-11. Great helmet.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:37 AM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shoei Multitec modular.

Quick Reply: What Full Faces is Anyone Riding With?