General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I waved at a scooter! (no really)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 11:32 AM
eddie eggs
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I waved at a scooter! (no really)

OK, yesterday my wife and I rode up to Kingston NY and driving towards me was a fat guy on a little scooter (Vespa like). He waived and reaction took over. I waved back! I started cracking up out loud as we passed each other, and my wife laughed that she couldn't believe I waved at a SCOOTER! Does this mean I have to turn in the keys to the Harley now?

Old 07-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

I wave at a kid on a scooter almost daily. He rides that little thing to school 10 miles or better, rain, sleet, what have you. He's more hardcore than a lot of Harley riders.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:37 AM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie eggs
OK, yesterday my wife and I rode up to Kingston NY and driving towards me was a fat guy on a little scooter (Vespa like). He waived and reaction took over. I waved back! I started cracking up out loud as we passed each other, and my wife laughed that she couldn't believe I waved at a SCOOTER! Does this mean I have to turn in the keys to the Harley now?
I'm always waving at anyone I can. Even Honda Ruckus's!!

Old 07-15-2011, 11:44 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quite a few of them around here. I ain't afraid to wave---hell they are riding and as small as their scooters are they are taking a bigger chance getting ran over compared to my HD. Can't see them as well can't hear them. Had one pull into the parking lot of my local ice house last week I actually turned around because I heard the gravel crunching under tires. Sneaky bastard.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:54 AM
jpsexton
Cruiser

If your on two wheels, I'm waving!

I agree with the other poster on this one. Some of the scooter guys that I see ride in the rain, sleet, or heat! They're much more hard core than the multi thousand dollar Harley riders that only ride to the bar and back or around the block.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:59 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

I like waving at girls on scooters -- lots of them in Sacramento. It always brings a smile to both of us. Some of the older guys on those things tough up, so I don't wave first... -L-

Old 07-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Kabear
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,080 Likes on 1,194 Posts

I am the fat guy on a scooter, a Yamaha Zuma 125 to be exact.

I also own 1985 FXEF and 2001 FXDXT.

Thanks for waving, I wave no matter which bike I'm on.(Actually the FXEF is my wife's bike; she also rides a Yamaha Vino 125)

Old 07-15-2011, 12:23 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie eggs
go find a ricer forum you traitor

Old 07-15-2011, 12:24 PM
meatsack
Banned

I wave to everybody on two wheels... especially the scooter peeps.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Sonicgazi
Cruiser

I've waved at a few scooters. Though the other day at a redlight, one pulled up next to me in the same lane. I honestly didn't know what to do. At first I ignored him, as what he did is usually a no no in my book of riding etiquette but he was just looking at my bike and wanted to compliment me. Told me he was trying to work his way into a Harley. Can't disrespect that. Two wheels are two wheels. And a lot of the scooter guys had/want bikes but either can't afford em or arent in a rush to make a jump into one.

Quick Reply: I waved at a scooter! (no really)