General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do YOU think?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

---------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-02-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:09 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heard one of my older riding buddies get told by a punk that he was fixing to whip his old ***. Older buddy replied back remember what you said when you ask me to quit hurting you. I watched a punk get hurt that day. Your handle and the butt whupped remark made me think of it-----good memories. Old men can be treacherous.
Originally Posted by oldgeezer
If you like it then it's OK. Don't think it will get your butt whupped by anyone.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:12 PM
RDFXDF
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I see someone wearing a vest I NEVER look to see what patches are on it. Same goes for jackets etc. But since you are asking I wouldn't think anything of your patches, they are YOURS and what they mean to you are the only thing that matters.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:14 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Old 07-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be careful, your design might catch on and scooter jocky's all over the place will be reported back to your wife as "you on the wild".

Old 07-13-2011, 05:37 PM
jazzy jack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man, you didn't put them on for me. It's what they mean to you that is important. As long as there is a personal meaning it's all good, when folks add patches to only look cool, it ain't.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:48 AM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I wear the Southern battle flag on my vest because I was born south of the Mason-Dixon Line and my Club allows it. I live in NYC and had worn a Confederate flag pin on my jacket for years and noticed looks and attitude from black gas station attendants, waitresses and sales people. I've also gotten comments from white friends, Northerners and English, who of course don't know any of the heritage and usually just one side of the history. But that's New York City. Back home you'll find the flag flying in yards, on houses and on vehicles. In Oklahoma there shouldn't be much issue.
I'm proud of my Southern upbringing, my knowledge and interest in the War and the sense of honor that is evident in records of the War and that was instilled in me by my family. I chose a square flag and put a white border on it so it would be the Battle Flag instead of the rectangular flag that has been co-opted by some racist and bigoted groups in the past. But of course that detail is lost on nearly everyone.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Very High Plain Drifter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Vanharley
Need more Flair!
After all, what would you think of someone who only does the bare minimum?

We should probably talk about your TPS reports too...

Old 07-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Robmitch49
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it. Also, many think that's the Stars and Bars. It's not. The Saint Andrews Cross began as the Confederate Navy Jack. Then became the pattern for many battle flags. I can't tell for sure on the color on my monitor but I believe this is the Trans Mississippi Flag. I fly it, and others in my yard.

The Stars and Bars

Old 07-15-2011, 11:49 AM
jlfabian
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Nam era vet here... I have two t-shirts with the POW/MIA design. Ones white, ones black (of no particular importance). They were done by a American Legion post that my father was the Post Commander for a couple of years. The POW/MIA design has been the only emblem that I have had complete strangers come up to me on the street and ask about. Of course, I'll tell them it's about completion and they should find a way to help if they are truly interested.

I am a Southerner by birth and by right. That you wear the Southern Cross is of no consequence to me. I neither condone nor deny your right to wear it. I do see it as a political issue/statement; a First Amendment issue/statement. Nothing else.

I do like the vest.

Quick Reply: What do YOU think?