General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harbor freight

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 03:12 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,066 Likes on 17,935 Posts

Originally Posted by Blargh
like "ride American iron" hypocrite?

Funny I still do and anything aftermarket on it is either from a US company like all the brakes & wheels or Europe made just for the quality and they had the specs I was looking for at a civil non overinflated price like my inverted frontend . Everything is US or made by me and that makes it much more " American Iron " than the land barges that seem so popular today from the MoCo .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 07-15-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:15 PM
JBourquin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dreamer65
hey so would I, please tell me were you buy only made in USA products.
give us a list, ok so we can all buy USA stuff
half the crap on your harley or american made car is made probably in some other country.

PS got my HF knock off for 64.00 OTD

MADE IN USA

Last edited by JBourquin; 07-15-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:20 PM
meatsack
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blargh
its really important to you that people don't even attempt to buy American isn't it?
If that's what you'd like to believe and it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy...go with it.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:03 PM
afoulsmell
Road Captain

I used to be big into the "buy American" ideology. I figured that was how you could reverse the direction we were going. But it's all money, man. Money don't care. The money is going to equal us out with China, or maybe worse. Maybe we don't simply end on par with them. Probably we start sliding down the other way... pretty freaking far. We don't have much of a means of production anymore. I know our #'s are still big when it comes to exporting, but I don't know what it is we're exporting to get those #'s. Somebody else makes it cheaper, and now that many of us are broke, we can't really afford to buy with our hearts... we have to do it with our heads. I despise walmart, but what am I gonna do? I go to any other store and the stuff comes from the same freaking place- China. It's kinda refreshing to find something made in Malaysia, or Thailand. Obviously the world, and the U.S. are having some really crappy times currently. I don't see how we find a way back to where we were. That kind of thing doesn't happen on it's own. It's not like we deserve it, or have worked collectively toward it. We, as a country, are lazy. We have sat back and sucked up all the cream, become bloated, packaged and mailed our factories to China, forgotten how to make those products, and now are at others' mercy. We are a debtor nation that is quite possibly about to screw ourselves and our "heirs" even worse than we/they were already. I don't like the sound of the U.S. having it's bond rating dropped. That just happens to crappy little Euro countries, right? Nope. I don't want to cry incessantly, but I think you have to look at things objectively in order to understand what needs to be fixed. I think it's too late though.

But as to jacks, I made my own. Can't remember who the dude was that posted the link, but I owe him. It's one of those simple, yet effective 2x8 ones with the pipe handle. Simple and effective.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I changed the fluids in my Heritage today using an 'All-American' made jack.

Two 3 ft sections of American made 2x6 pine wood, and a third for the kickstand!

Rode it up on the 'jack,' slid the catch pan underneath, and changed all 3 in less than an hour!!

TAKE THAT YOU STINKIN' CHINESE!!!

Old 07-15-2011, 10:42 PM
reflexhunter
Novice

Was going to order a blue point jack but it is on galactic back order,so what American made jack do you recommend that is worth the money?

Oh yeah the blue point one is made in china go figure lol

Old 07-18-2011, 11:20 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by glebo
yeah, I had a friend that had the aluminum one,
saw his bike swaying on that thing and said....nope not that one...

haven't had any problems with the yellow one, 'course it's not a daily user, but the more than several times I've used it..no worries..
I had the yellow craftmans jack total POS cost me 169.00 it wobble so bad I sold it for 100.00
i'm not saying don't buy USA made products, wish i could find a USA made jack for around 175.00 i'd buy it in a heart beat

Blargh chill out, every guy on here would love to buy American

Old 07-19-2011, 09:50 AM
IMG2
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=mi2az;8571000]But those Ants sacrifice themselves for the good of the others. So who wants to sacrifice themselves for the good of "ME"

Everyone in our armed forces who has fought on foreign soil.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Crex39
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Great post, but I didn't see any motorcycle lifts on any of these links. Its nice to know I can buy American made socks, though. Thanks a lot.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Pog Mo Thoin
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Here's one

Here's a link to an American made lift. Costs more but the way I look at it is I'm buying quality AND keeping a fellow American working.

http://www.mile-x.com/motorcycle-lifts.aspx

Quick Reply: harbor freight