General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harbor freight

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Cazimere
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the handle pop off the HF lift after you get the bike up ?

Old 07-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Blargh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dreamer65
BlarghHF = chinese knock off garbage
no sh*t, so what
just funny to see on a site thats all about "buy/ride American" ... except don't .... and f*ck those workers who lose their jobs overseas (at least you get to save a few dollars by buying the same tool 3 or 4 times instead of buying quality once)

thats okay though, its a good plan to give our country to them as quickly as possible

Old 07-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Wild Card
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blargh
just funny to see on a site thats all about "buy/ride American" ... except don't .... and f*ck those workers who lose their jobs overseas (at least you get to save a few dollars by buying the same tool 3 or 4 times instead of buying quality once)

thats okay though, its a good plan to give our country to them as quickly as possible

don't sweat it, some a holes just don't get it, they got their $25k Ultra cause it's a piece of real American Iron LOL, yet they put her up in the air on a 25$ jack I wouldn't lift my Fourwheeler up on.

and yeah, I had a cheap HF jack given to me as a b- day present a few years back, all most lost my bike when an ear snapped, and it was on the locks, light FXDWG not my FLHX luckily.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:44 AM
meatsack
Banned

HF = chinese knock off garbage
WTF isn't made in China these days? Give me a break.

"Buy American"...yeah...buy an American car...there aren't any (and the so called American cars are JUNK). Harley...not completely "American". Get off it.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Blargh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by meatsack
WTF isn't made in China these days? Give me a break.

"Buy American"...yeah...buy an American car...there aren't any (and the so called American cars are JUNK). Harley...not completely "American". Get off it.

don't be cheap/lazy - there's actually a lot of stuff thats made in the USA, "we" just have to demand it be available for us to buy (demand it by shopping places that offer US made goods).

no, I will not "get off it" - I would like the USA to regain its status as a world leader and will do what I can to do my part.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:52 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cazimere
Does the handle pop off the HF lift after you get the bike up ?
yes the handle really only for moving the jack around you need a J&S jack to move your bike around the gargae for 450 bucks
don't be cheap/lazy - there's actually a lot of stuff thats made in the USA, "we" just have to demand it be available for us to buy (demand it by shopping places that offer US made goods).

no, I will not "get off it" - I would like the USA to regain its status as a world leader and will do what I can to do my part.
hey so would I, please tell me were you buy only made in USA products.
give us a list, ok so we can all buy USA stuff
half the crap on your harley or american made car is made probably in some other country.

PS got my HF knock off for 64.00 OTD

Old 07-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Rick-e
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glebo
A while back I got the yellow HF jack, I think it was on sale for 89 or so.

Only thing ya got to get used to is, when ya go to let the bike down, you have to press the pedal all the way, if you try and press the pedal lightly, it falls like a brick, but mash it down all the way, it goes down slowly...???

I got used to it, but the first time scared the crap outa me...

Whatever ya do...don't get the aluminum one, when it's at full height, it gets "teattery" I don't think the aluminum has enough strength..
Yup on the release pedal, ya have to stomp down on it like you're kick starting an old knuckle head.
Good to know about the fancy aluminum one, I almost popped the extra dollars for it.
I've had no issues with the cheaper yellow one.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Blargh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dreamer65
....hey so would I, please tell me were you buy only made in USA products.
give us a list, ok so we can all buy USA stuff
half the crap on your harley or american made car is made probably in some other country.

read, comprehend - I didn't say I buy only USA, because not everything is available anymore due to many years of outsourcing our manufacturing.

I said there is a lot of stuff that is made in USA that you have to look for (ie; recently bought pet stuff online because the big box stores only had foreign crap - but online found mfg's in colorado and montana). If you keep looking for it, and asking for it, and all of us do it, then retailers will figure out there is a demand for it.... demand goes up, becomes readily available, prices go down, Americans go back to work making things (instead of just buying things). ABC news (national) has been doing stories on buy American for weeks now - I just happen to think my country is worth the effort, so I buy USA whenever possible (and if I don't "really" need something that can't be sourced from USA, then I don't buy it).

But its like a lot of stuff - the vast majority will be lazy, or expect "someone else" to help the country so they can buy cheap (you get what you paid for). Stand for something - start small, think big. We used to be the greatest country on earth - we aren't anymore and its happening quicker than you think.

If the USA made product is really inferior (actual, not subjective) then by all means don't reward that mfg'er until they get it up to par - but for some reason even the hardcore American v-twin crowd quickly turns and sh*ts all over any other American product as being inferior.

meh, do what you will - its fuc*ing obvious to me, but I guess we can keep fighting wars, buying more than producing, and try to maintain our status that way... should work out well in the long run

Old 07-14-2011, 12:31 PM
meatsack
Banned

don't be cheap/lazy -

Can't say anyones ever called me cheap or lazy....

Slow down there Keyboard Kowboy...

Old 07-14-2011, 12:48 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

united we stand

Quick Reply: harbor freight