General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine making noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 12:31 PM
paulies 07
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slick 50 had a hell of a lawsuite a while back because it didn't work as advertised and it
plugged the oil galleys in certain vehicles, dump that **** out and put in a quaility motorcycle oil, I use Amsoil 20-50 works great justs my 02 cents

Old 07-14-2011, 01:24 PM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Diesel engine oil or (C rated oil) has more additives and detergents but are not used in auto because of catalytic converters, the poster was not an idiot like some of you are saying.
its something us "old timer" bikers have done before as new ideas come and go.
give the guy a break....its not like he's asking questions about what helmet, leather, grade of gasoline, or tuner, or air or nitrogen, or what bike to buy....or how to countersteer. just because he's not texting this in on his smart phone he keeps in his fanny pack because he hasnt mounted it to his gas tank yet doesnt mean he's a troll...
or may be he can go over to vtwin forum and get a good answer without some tweeter chappin his ***.....

Old 07-14-2011, 01:47 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,178 Likes on 6,713 Posts

Maybe if you still have the used oil from when the motor was quiet, you could pour that back in there. Take that noisy oil back to the store, and get a refund. Separate the Slick 50 from the other stuff, or they won't take it back.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:38 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,057 Likes on 17,935 Posts

Originally Posted by orangevette
Diesel engine oil or (C rated oil) has more additives and detergents but are not used in auto because of catalytic converters, the poster was not an idiot like some of you are saying.
its something us "old timer" bikers have done before as new ideas come and go.
give the guy a break....its not like he's asking questions about what helmet, leather, grade of gasoline, or tuner, or air or nitrogen, or what bike to buy....or how to countersteer. just because he's not texting this in on his smart phone he keeps in his fanny pack because he hasnt mounted it to his gas tank yet doesnt mean he's a troll...
or may be he can go over to vtwin forum and get a good answer without some tweeter chappin his ***.....
Dude I've been around bikes ,cars and people dicking around with them since I learned to walk and I've never seen or heard as many dipsticks asking so many stupid questions about some thing as basic as oil in my life till I wandered into this forum . Some people have absolutely no business being around a motorized means of conveyance if they are that dense , sorry .