General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have recently come to the conclusion that...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006 | 03:19 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: I have recently come to the conclusion that...

I have to admit, I love the look of a black bike with lots of chrome...It always gets my attention. Have always liked black...in a car, or a truck, too...not just bikes. Black and chrome is an awesome combination. But...having said that, I chose my bike specifically because of it's colour. It is mint green (kinda nostalgic looking, especially with the white wall tires). That's the look I like even more. The thing that attracted me to that particular bike while it was sitting in the showroom was the color. There were numerous other black bikes around it, but I chose the green. Black just seems to be way too popular for my liking. I wanted something different than all the rest. Just a matter of personal preference...had to make a choice...and have been happy with it ever since.

Old 11-08-2006 | 03:23 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member

ORIGINAL: anubisss

I love my pie pan wheels...Sleepneagle...They rule...

Now ya just need to paint your bike BLACK.[8D]

Old 11-08-2006 | 03:23 PM
gconklin
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 4x4Given

Funny, I've never heard or seen anyone walk up to a black bike (or cage) and say, "Man, that is a beautiful color!" (or similar phrasing). I have heard comments referring to the (black) vehicle looking good (cool, awsome etc). Personally, I've never seen black as a "color" and more than I think of chrome as a "color".

I'm not saying that I don't like a black scooter, shoot some of them are gorgeous. But I'm pretty certain that those examples would also look great in other 'colors" as well.

For example, I've had numerous folks walk up to me and comment on how they liked my bike AND (especially) the "color" of my bike. It certainly stands out anywhere it goes and will NEVER be lost in a sean of black and chrome.
I believe people don't say "Man, that is a beautiful color!" to black vehicles for a different reason that you lead to. For the same reason they don't say that about white vehicles... black and white are common colors. But I've always owned black autos and I've always heard people comment on them, like "Man, that black sure looks good!" or "Man, I LOVE black!"

Old 11-08-2006 | 04:02 PM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master

Unless you are looking at a light source, what you see is reflected light and Black IS the absence of all color in the light you see. Also the absense of all light brings you to what?

Comon YOU Tell ME.

We creatures of light like vibrant colors. You creatures of darkness love the absence of color.

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 11-08-2006 | 04:25 PM
Saint666
Tourer

Nice ride Captain,,but with all respect if u make me guess wich one is yours and wich one your wifes ,,,mmmmm,,i guess i will say the BLACK one is YOURS!!!,....

thats why i think i choose my Night Train,,,,,,.....

ORIGINAL: TattoodCaptain

No way, black bikes are for girls. See my old lady's in the background?? REAL men ride yellow ones!!

Old 11-08-2006 | 04:29 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Absence of light ... brings us to 'cold'?? So, black ain't hot?

ORIGINAL: Broken Leg Rider

Unless you are looking at a light source, what you see is reflected light and Black IS the absence of all color in the light you see. Also the absense of all light brings you to what?

Comon YOU Tell ME.

We creatures of light like vibrant colors. You creatures of darkness love the absence of color.

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 11-08-2006 | 05:29 PM
ZJAvy
Road Captain

Ok so what I got from this is Anubiss is color blind because his bike is silver and not black, some dude thinks black bikes are chicks bikes but he rides a freaking bumblebee on steroids and we all agree that choosing blue means your incredibly smart, incredibly handsome and incredible good in the sack and white is just cool. BTW if your talking colors in an art sense black is the concentration of all colors and white is the absense of all colors but in a spectrum it is the complete opposite.

Thats right blue and white so I just freaking rock!

Old 11-08-2006 | 06:27 PM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior

Thanks Saint666, I get that a lot! LOL! The beauty of it is, my name's on both of the titles! I tell her the Heritage is mine too, I just let her use it.
ORIGINAL: Saint666

Nice ride Captain,,but with all respect if u make me guess wich one is yours and wich one your wifes ,,,mmmmm,,i guess i will say the BLACK one is YOURS!!!,....

thats why i think i choose my Night Train,,,,,,.....

ORIGINAL: TattoodCaptain

No way, black bikes are for girls. See my old lady's in the background?? REAL men ride yellow ones!!

Old 11-08-2006 | 06:28 PM
ride99fxd
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: gconklin

ORIGINAL: ride99fxd

Black in really not a color. It's the absence of all color.
Correction, I believe black is the absence of color when speaking of light, but black is the accumilation of all colors when referring to paints.
Yes, but what you see is light.

Old 11-08-2006 | 07:35 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Aieeeeeeeeeeeee?! You're all nuckin futs... how'd I ever get involved with a chat room full of freekin quantum-dynamics perfessers?

Need more black coffee and Jelly Bellys... quick!![&:]

ORIGINAL: gconklin

Black in really not a color. It's the absence of all color.
Correction, I believe black is the absence of color when speaking of light, but black is the accumilation of all colors when referring to paints.
Yes, but what you see is light.

Quick Reply: I have recently come to the conclusion that...