General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank a Vet, right here..... Today

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Sinkinfast
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank a Vet, right here..... Today

Veterans day is almost here. Let's show some support for our Vets and troops, HD-Fourms Style. Chime in below to let them know you care. It will mean a lot to them.

There are plenty of Vets listed throughout this site. There are many other friends, family, sons, and daughters out there protecting our freedom in some pretty nasty places. I see the quote "Freedom Ain't Free" all over this forum, so I propose we offer our support for them right here.

I'll start with my own salute and heart felt THANK YOU to all those who have served, all that protect, and especially to all that have sacrificed. We can never repay you.

I'd also like to offer my thoughts and prayers to all those moms and dads here who have their sons and daughters in harms way. They are our heros, and I pray they get home to you safe and soon. Just so you know, you aren't the only one proud of them.

[sm=usa.gif] [sm=smiley32.gif] [sm=patriot.gif] [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 11-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Denbo
Tourer
Default RE: Thank a Vet, right here..... Move-It-Move-It-Move-IT

Amen Brother,I would like to personally thank all of our fine soldiers both men and woman past and present for putting their lives on the line, so that this great country we all live in will forever remain the GREATEST country in the WORLD!!

Old 11-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Stogie
Cruiser

As a 20 year veteran myself with many of those seperated from my family, I especially appreciate all those who came before me and all those patriots who have followed in my footsteps.
Many do not know, and cannot know the sacrifices these men and woman make for all of us EVERY day.
They deserve our upmost respect, thanks and PRAYERS.
Stogie

Old 11-07-2006, 12:27 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to all who served. A country is forever thankful

Old 11-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Shadofaxx
Tourer

These guys are risking ... and some giving ... their lives so that we might continue to live ours. I salute you and I salute the ones before you that got us here. Thanks!

Old 11-07-2006, 12:29 PM
666Glide
Cruiser

To every member of every branch of the service active, retired, or out...............Thank You For Our Freedoms.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Denbo
Tourer

Come on people I have seen more replies and faster ones to sex on a bike than a simple thank you to the great people of our country who have and are defending this great nation.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks to all those serving and have served. You all gave and are giving in ways most folks can’t imagine or understand.
I will never forget spending months in tents or houches, no bathing water, running out of MRE’s (food), working 225 days straight of 15+hr shifts wondering if I should wash out my cloths or sleep and then hearing that prisoners in our prisons are complaining about the quality of their TV or they want newer weight sets. Not sure why that always stuck in my mind but it still grinds me to this day. Only retired for 7 years but I know things aren’t any better for guys serving today then they were back in the day. You guys make me and this country very proud.
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 11-07-2006, 01:23 PM
1200babe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I grew up in a military family- dad served over 30 years- lost my brother in Nam and hubby served 24 yrs in the USMC. I show my appreciation to all by being a member of the Patriot Guard.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Doodad
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks to all current and former members of the military for your service. Your sacrifices are appreciated.

Quick Reply: Thank a Vet, right here..... Today