General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

full face helmet ,face shield,fairing and windshield

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Party with Ginger.
Marry Mary Ann.
JMO

Old 07-05-2011, 10:36 PM
VTK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Party with Ginger.
Marry Mary Ann
Winning!

Old 07-06-2011, 06:41 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by psyco1
Why do some people tool around on 800 lb wanna be cars with stereos and arm rests?
850 LBS. - Arm Rests for the Queens Throne - NO stereo -
BECAUSE I CAN!

Old 07-06-2011, 07:12 AM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by twisted47
why do some riders wear a full face helmet with a face shield when their bike already has a windshield and full fairing.Isnt that defeating the purpose of riding?
Why worry?I am sure they have their reasons as we have reasons for the things that we do.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:15 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by twisted47
why do some riders wear a full face helmet with a face shield when their bike already has a windshield and full fairing.Isnt that defeating the purpose of riding?
Yes, I think it defeats the purpose of riding. I can see where it's good for rain, which is why I even own a full-face. But I suspect those guys you see on a Harley on a sunny day, in a helmet-free state, with a windshield, full-face, armored mesh jacket, gauntlets and mad max boots are so afraid of crashing that they are trying to make the motorcycle as safe as their prius or minivan.

I can only guess some people want to be this guy:

But deep down they are this guy:

Otherwise, I can't imagine why they wouldn't just drive a car. A while back I spent some time on a military post in a helmet state and the amount of crap I had to wear to satisfy both the Army and the state, including a full-face for riding there in the rain, was so crappy I just parked my bike and rode with another guy until it was time to go home. I rode a couple of times, with the helmet, but the windshield off, and it just sucked.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:24 AM
kevmiami
Tourer

Definitely Mary Ann! I half-joke if they ban cell phones in FL, I would drop from a full face to a half. The number of HUGE trucks and SUVs I've seen scream through red lights (hadn't been yellow for a while) while on the phone is bone chilling - even in my small SUV. Cheers, Kevin.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:12 AM
firebrick
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by brenn
Yes, I think it defeats the purpose of riding. I can see where it's good for rain, which is why I even own a full-face. But I suspect those guys you see on a Harley on a sunny day, in a helmet-free state, with a windshield, full-face, armored mesh jacket, gauntlets and mad max boots are so afraid of crashing that they are trying to make the motorcycle as safe as their prius or minivan.

Otherwise, I can't imagine why they wouldn't just drive a car. A while back I spent some time on a military post in a helmet state and the amount of crap I had to wear to satisfy both the Army and the state, including a full-face for riding there in the rain, was so crappy I just parked my bike and rode with another guy until it was time to go home. I rode a couple of times, with the helmet, but the windshield off, and it just sucked.
This could only come from some poser rider who has only owned a cruiser. Motorcycling is about more than wind in your face. Full gear is for people that push the limits, not just smoke and joke to the next coffee house.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:52 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,184 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by VTK
Ginger or Mary Ann?
I'll take Mary Ann. The white/pale blue skin of most red heads doesn't work for me. Mary Ann had that nice olive skin tone that works for me..and I imagine she loves doing it outdoors a lot!

Old 07-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Coloradohunter
Tourer

Originally Posted by VTK
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Mrs Howell.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:27 AM
wwNightster
Tourer

Originally Posted by brenn

You know, Opinions are like a$$h0les. It doesnt matter how utterly stupid yours is, you are certainly entitled to it. Not everyone cares about looking like a leather clad idiot or meeting your expectations or what a motorcyclist should be. Wearing my gear allows me to enjoy the ride more, not less. I can push my bike harder, go faster, lean lower when I have my gear on. I am sorry this doesnt make me a biker in your eyes.

Not everyone's idea of motorcycling is chrome, noise, poor personal hygene, and worse personal judgement. There are some people who love the ride, the speed, power, capabilities of a machine. For those the gear does not detract from anything.

Ride your ride, I'll ride mine.

Quick Reply: full face helmet ,face shield,fairing and windshield