General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What gives / WTF

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011 | 09:50 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Stay away from the insurance industry cool-aid dude. It doesn't cost you a dime when someone goes down without gear.

... or, if you want, it comes out of the same dime you're already spending on...
- the bloated fat-*** who eats himself to a heart attack
- the cute little sun goddess who gets skin cancer
- the person who falls off a chair while changing a light bulb
- the alcoholic who fries their liver
- the brain dead mom of 4 who crashed her car because she was distracted as she changed a CD

etc.

Hospitals are full of people who are there because of a choice they made. Some of those people are permanently disabled for the rest of their lives and are supported fully or in part by some type of government program.

To single out choices made by motorcyclists is just foolish and just drinking the insurance industry Kool-aid.

There ya go...

Old 07-05-2011 | 09:51 PM
82ndABN
Outstanding HDF Member

Not an option for me I am required to wear the appropriate protective, gloves, ankle high boots, long sleeves and the bright colored vest.

Old 07-05-2011 | 10:43 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
And...uhm...where does the gov't get that money? Hrrrmmmmm?
From earlier in my same post...
"...it comes out of the same dime you're already spending on..."

Old 07-05-2011 | 11:10 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by coldboy
here's a message from Canada. go pound sand.
FYI not allowed to tell anyone insulting until you've reached at least 100
post you canadian fruit loop BWA HAHAHHA

Old 07-05-2011 | 11:18 PM
grzly
Road Master

i only get bothered when i see someone taking a small kid on the back with inadequate protection. Otherwise i just chuckle occasionally at the "badass bikers" - mostly scooter riders ... why is it that female scooter riders think they can ride with short skirt , high heels , and no gloves all the time ?

Old 07-06-2011 | 12:24 AM
Another Young Sinner
Cruiser

If you want to wear all of that stuff in the summer that's purely up to you. Personally, on a quick jaunt down into town or over to one of my boys' place I'll roll in shorts if that's what I'm wearing that day. Anytime I leave town though I have jeans on and usually some skate shoes. Say what you want about them, but they are damn comfortable on longer rides. I have never rode in chaps. I put a pair on one time and they were just too uncomfortable for me. Usually in the winter I ride in a long sleeve shirt and hoodie over jeans and either boots or shoes. Arkansas has a helmet law until you turn 21 so I wear a novelty helmet to avoid getting pulled over. Occasionally a pair of fingerless gloves. I don't over think it. I just go out and enjoy the ride.

Old 07-06-2011 | 02:15 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by grzly
i only get bothered when i see someone taking a small kid on the back with inadequate protection. Otherwise i just chuckle occasionally at the "badass bikers" - mostly scooter riders ... why is it that female scooter riders think they can ride with short skirt , high heels , and no gloves all the time ?
My wife has been on the back of my bike in a tank top, mini-skirt, thigh highs and 6" heels. Don't remember if she was wearing gloves or not for some reason.

Old 07-06-2011 | 02:53 AM
Ironkidzsled
Cruiser

I'll just say kicked up road rocks, wet roads, hot metal/pipes, abrupt stops, suck pretty bad in shorts and flip flops. Caring what someone else is wearing sucks just as bad.... Riding or not. Unless of course their safety is your responsibility.

Old 07-06-2011 | 06:40 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member

From earlier in my same post...
"...it comes out of the same dime you're already spending on..."
Yeah that didn't really come across as logical...a larger burden on that pile of dimes...turning it into a pile of quarters. While I agree there are larger contributors to that burden, such as you gave some examples of, and I agree that bare skull M/C accident victims make up a smaller percentage of that burden, the fact is they do contribute to it, and we all do share that burden.

BTW, I'm not a preacher of using a DOT shroom, I'm one of the idiots that rides bare headed...I'm struggling with trying to get myself to wear one since I recently remarried and have a wife and step kids to come home to. I just disagree with your debate of "insurance cool-aid"...as we all end up supporting those situations, especially as the USA turns into the USSofA and OBummer-care moves forward more.

Old 07-06-2011 | 07:35 AM
Cinci-King
Advanced

My wife has been on the back of my bike in a tank top, mini-skirt, thigh highs and 6" heels. Don't remember if she was wearing gloves or not for some reason.

Quick Reply: What gives / WTF