General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What gives / WTF

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011 | 01:37 AM
glydman
Intermediate

Flat out fricken freedom of choice!!!
You can wear all that stuff and do the speed limit, stay out of the rain and not ride at night and still go home choke on a fish bone at dinner and die. I like exercising my freedom as much as I can, even if some jag off politician passed a law and made something illegal, because some day there won’t be any freedom. Someday we’ll be using 3 seashells to wipe our butts and being fined for cussing in public. I don’t want to be that old guy mumbling what I should have done when I was younger. I press my freedom to the edge because someday I’ll be dead. I don’t care about the rest of the world, if you don’t like the way things are in America, go somewhere else.

Old 07-05-2011 | 03:06 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by crazycanuck204
Question for people.

Over the weekend, I saw a number of riders out and about on the highways and was blown away by the number of people wearing shorts, running shoes, flip flops and t-Shirts on the highway / roads, etc. This was mostly on cruisers / tourings and a fair amount of HD bikes to boot.

Am I missing something or just not with it????

Highway riding is leathers (chaps and jacket) with the possibility of my mesh armour and boots - regardless of temps.

City riding. I will go down to a t-shirt for short rides but otherwise - jeans, boots and mesh.

Help me understand..
Help ME understand.... how is crashing on a city street different than crashing on a highway?

As for what other people wear... I can easily help you understand that - wear whatever you want. Don't worry about what other people wear.

Old 07-05-2011 | 07:06 AM
harley_nova
Tourer

Originally Posted by editbrain
Tell you what. I rode this weekend in a white T-Shirt with Lucky Strikes rolled up in the sleeves. A pair of fitting jeans, Harley Davidson boots, and full leather gloves. Also wore a half-helmet and goggles. I rode 500 miles. It was 99 degrees, but on the highway it was 105 at least on the pavement.
I hit two rain showers. Big ones. I stopped under an over pass to put on the white baby cloth over my face as a bandana to protect me from rain drops. Then I took off at 70 mph through the rain. It was fine because I had my homemade windshield from 3/16" lexan, 1/2 copper pipe and 1" Gardner clamps on my $15,000 motorcycle.

Hopefully it gets back to the mind your own damn business in the United States. Stop trying to make us Canada. Two things I have learned about being around motorcycle folks.
1) don't talk about another riders bike.
2) don't talk about their old lady.
Neither are anyones business by the man they belong to, and I think I am going to add a third to that list. If I have to look at another man so hard that I critic what he is wearing. Then I need to go to have my head examined because I am not thinking straight. Get it.

Here is a video for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QotLJ...&feature=feedu
Listen Douche bag, if you actually read the OP, he wasn't dissing people who where shorts, flip flops, sandals whatever. He was simply asking why people do it. I think that's a fair question. Isn't this forum about asking questions. Yes, you are allowed to state your own opinion but when you don't understand the OP then you typically should keep your mouth shut.

As for Canadians trying to make U.S. citizens us, I think that's an unfair assumption to make. If anyone, Canadians are totally cool with whatever anyone does. Also not what the OP was getting at. Sounds to me like you may feel a little threatened by us EH.

P.S. I bet you looked real cute wearing that baby cloth over your face. Ahhhh!

Old 07-05-2011 | 07:19 AM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member

aww shucks! You mean I can't ride in my New Balance 574's? WHY DIDN'T SOMEBODY TELL ME?!?

Old 07-05-2011 | 07:30 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member

Question for people.

Over the weekend, I saw a number of riders out and about on the highways and was blown away by the number of people wearing shorts, running shoes, flip flops and t-Shirts on the highway / roads, etc. This was mostly on cruisers / tourings and a fair amount of HD bikes to boot.

Am I missing something or just not with it????.
It's nothing new! There are a percentage of riders out there that ride in shorts ...sneakers, even sandals and todays flimsy sandals called flip flops.

Add to this....this past weekend was 4th of July weekend...a weekend for the ultra part time boaters and bikers and beachgoers to go out. When I say "ultra part time"....I refer to those that own a boat..but use it once or twice a year. Or those that go to the beach once or twice a year. Or those that ride their bike once or twice a year. It's the weekend for them to be seen out there doing their "posing".

It's their right though.

Personally..I'm a firm believer in always wearing my boots. Good grip on the ground at those greasy stoplights. And with boots....I never wear shorts, so jeans it is. But people have the right to wear sneakers and sandals...if that's what they choose.

Old 07-05-2011 | 07:33 AM
Ultra Street Jewell
Road Captain

In all reality, people ride in whatever they feel comfortable in. I may not ride wearing shorts, but it doesn't mean you or anyone else can't.

Old 07-05-2011 | 07:51 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member

Mind your own Business.

That said.

I never wear shorts or flip flops.

Old 07-05-2011 | 08:06 AM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member

sorry about the gold medal win at the Olympics...
Sorry to hijack, but, Bruins baby! The cup is safe in Boston, US of A.
Otherwise, I have nothing of value to add to this discussion.

Okay, carry on.

Old 07-05-2011 | 08:36 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by harley_nova
Listen Douche bag, if you actually read the OP, he wasn't dissing people who where shorts, flip flops, sandals whatever. He was simply asking why people do it. I think that's a fair question. Isn't this forum about asking questions. Yes, you are allowed to state your own opinion but when you don't understand the OP then you typically should keep your mouth shut.

As for Canadians trying to make U.S. citizens us, I think that's an unfair assumption to make. If anyone, Canadians are totally cool with whatever anyone does. Also not what the OP was getting at. Sounds to me like you may feel a little threatened by us EH.

P.S. I bet you looked real cute wearing that baby cloth over your face. Ahhhh!

Yeah. I looked real cute. You'd liked it. You f'n eh-hole homo. You must be another one of those newfies that like to critic men. You became a hockey player just so you could look or watch men take showers didn't you? Come on.. You know you did.
Newfie, I guess eh-holes don't have soft cloths that are larger than normal to clean their babies. They probably use maple leafs or something to the like. But if they do you should use one to protect yourself from bugs and rain. It works really well, and they are cheap. Well since I have a baby in the house they are cheap, and I am not paying $7 to $20 dollars for a HD bandana that would probably not work as good.
I like girls see, and that's why I don't care what grown mean wear on their motorcycles, and I was hoping that other men wouldn't care what I used to protect myself from the elements. I guess I was wrong.

Don't call me a douche bag, you goof.

Last edited by editbrain; 07-05-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-05-2011 | 08:56 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SamStone
I don't wear shorts because I don't like bees stinging my junk. Besides that, it looks gay.
especially the gay part
Originally Posted by Artlee
Sorry to hijack, but, Bruins baby! The cup is safe in Boston, US of A.
Otherwise, I have nothing of value to add to this discussion.

Okay, carry on.
enjoy it for the next year becauseit be the last for awhile!!

maybe the OP could wear leather shorts and he feel safer

Quick Reply: What gives / WTF