General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What gives / WTF

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011 | 12:53 AM
jazzy jack
Road Captain

WTF is right. Ok there's not much to do in Manitoba, but how about you let others make their own choices. I mean sheesh, we have enough people/government/associations/agencies and commisions telling us what to do here already. Heck the folks you saw were probably just enjoying the 2 weeks between snow and mosquitoes anyway!

Old 07-07-2011 | 03:55 AM
wkdayridr
Cruiser

If you think the Stanley cup is safely in Boston, you might want to check your stats. Boston Bruins roster shows 21 Canadians and 5 Americans. The Cup will be touring Canada. The team may be based in the US, but it's made up of the best hockey players in the World.........from Canada.

Old 07-07-2011 | 07:38 AM
doyle2325
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wkdayridr
If you think the Stanley cup is safely in Boston, you might want to check your stats. Boston Bruins roster shows 21 Canadians and 5 Americans. The Cup will be touring Canada. The team may be based in the US, but it's made up of the best hockey players in the World.........from Canada.
Owned by Boston... hows that for slave labor.

Old 07-07-2011 | 09:25 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior

One: we are a community,
That is BS. Most HD riders would walk from you in a heartbeat if there wife called for dinner. Or if they thought you would hurt their image by not using over priced HD crap that breaks.

Whats a "white baby cloth"?, is that like a diaper.
Well "baby"ray. Is it? The one I was using was a rectangle soft cloth we use to lay the baby on when in the floor. We used them when he was a new born. Works great. Lets air through, but keeps the damn rain from stinging you, and is large enough to to fit around your head and tie a good knot. Then you can tuck it into your shirt to keep it from blowing all over the place.
Lots of things have different uses. So are just secure enough and resouceful enough to take advantange. Others would have to have a cheap weaved cloth that will blow apart at 70 mph just cause it says Harley Davidon on it with a cheap die that could be giving you skin cancer. The cancer part is speculation, but you know what I am saying.

Old 07-07-2011 | 10:54 PM
crazycanuck204
|
Novice

okay.... I sat back and kept quiet for a few days, re-thinking my original post and wondering why it caused such a **** storm of biblical proportions (ops, probably just pissed off the religous right wing posters on that one....)

I have even taken the drastic step of re-reading my own post numerous times to see what was so F'n offensive to set off the ******* twister..... And, what I came up with.....

People need to F'n RELAX. At no point did I:
TELL YOU WHAT TO WEAR?
PUSH POLITICAL IDEOLOGIES ON ANYONE (thank you editbrain for your reply post about it being an off day)
SUGGEST THAT I KNOW BETTER
or, best yet,
STATE THAT I GIVE A FLYING LIZARD FART THEY WAY PEOPLE DRESS.

What I did was make a comment about a few observations, state my own habit and asked if I AM OFF base or missing something. PERIOD. Part of it being that there is such a push by the insurance company here in Manitoba to stress "riding gear" so I wanted to get unbaised opinons..... NOT - "mind you own business" ****.

And actually, a few posts made me think about the fact that I do ride in a t-shirt at times, locally and that is where the accidents are most common. I thank people for that and appreciate anyone who weren't afraid to state what or how they ride.

so in the end, I quess it comes down to, I DON'T GIVE A F%&K WHAT YOU WEAR OR HOW YOU LOOK ON A BIKE NOR WAS I PUSHING MY VIEWS OR BELIEF ON ANYONE.

IF YOU CAN'T OFFER A VIABLE OPINON WITHOUT GETTING OFFENDED OR FEELING LIKE YOU ARE BEING PROSECUTED, HOW MUCH FREEDOM DO YOU ALLOW TO OTHERS THAT SAY SOMETHING THAT TOUCHES YOU THE WRONG WAY.

So my turn now, if you don't like being asked a question, KEEP YOU ****ING MOUTH SHUT AND DON'T PROVIDE AN ANSWER.

Damn scotch, pour me another one.

Old 07-07-2011 | 11:13 PM
grzly
Road Master

maybe you shouldnt post if you dont want opinions .. and i havent seen a thread yet that doesnt get hijacked in some way or nother. grow a thicker skin
btw i can read fine without you using uppercase

Old 07-08-2011 | 01:55 AM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Cinci-King
I wear a full face helmet and protective gear 99% of the time, that's my educated choice.

Some people will spend big bucks on chrome, so they can stand around at a bike night hoping that someone will notice them, but won't spend money on proper safety gear. If you live in a hot climate there is gear designed for the conditions, it may not be cheap, but it's available. I used to live near Fresno, Ca so I know hot weather. Plus an unprotected body loses a lot of water through evaporation from the wind.

As for the comments about the in-effectivity of jeans, they don't provide much slide burn-through protection, but they will help keep debris out of your flesh when you tumble through the shoulder of the road.

I'm fine with people wearing whatever they want, but I'm not fine when it costs me money. When your insurance runs out, if you had any to begin with, guess who pays.

In my opinion... it's your choice to take chances and I'm all for that, but you and I should be held financially responsible for those choices. Otherwise is it really a personal freedom if the tax payers have to pay for your choice.

As for the OP, if you doubt your decision to protect yourself just google motorcycle accident pics and the doubt will be gone. Talk is cheap until you're laying in an ER
I'm ok with the paying issue as long as we do not single out just the bikers.
What about these folks who have children they can't pay for?
Sky divers, mountain climbers, skiers or boaters? We mustn't forget the over eaters either.

Michael

Old 07-08-2011 | 10:13 AM
meatsack
Banned

Originally Posted by crazycanuck204
okay.... I sat back and kept quiet for a few days, re-thinking my original post and wondering why it caused such a **** storm of biblical proportions (ops, probably just pissed off the religous right wing posters on that one....)

I have even taken the drastic step of re-reading my own post numerous times to see what was so F'n offensive to set off the ******* twister..... And, what I came up with.....

People need to F'n RELAX. At no point did I:
TELL YOU WHAT TO WEAR?
PUSH POLITICAL IDEOLOGIES ON ANYONE (thank you editbrain for your reply post about it being an off day)
SUGGEST THAT I KNOW BETTER
or, best yet,
STATE THAT I GIVE A FLYING LIZARD FART THEY WAY PEOPLE DRESS.

What I did was make a comment about a few observations, state my own habit and asked if I AM OFF base or missing something. PERIOD. Part of it being that there is such a push by the insurance company here in Manitoba to stress "riding gear" so I wanted to get unbaised opinons..... NOT - "mind you own business" ****.

And actually, a few posts made me think about the fact that I do ride in a t-shirt at times, locally and that is where the accidents are most common. I thank people for that and appreciate anyone who weren't afraid to state what or how they ride.

so in the end, I quess it comes down to, I DON'T GIVE A F%&K WHAT YOU WEAR OR HOW YOU LOOK ON A BIKE NOR WAS I PUSHING MY VIEWS OR BELIEF ON ANYONE.

IF YOU CAN'T OFFER A VIABLE OPINON WITHOUT GETTING OFFENDED OR FEELING LIKE YOU ARE BEING PROSECUTED, HOW MUCH FREEDOM DO YOU ALLOW TO OTHERS THAT SAY SOMETHING THAT TOUCHES YOU THE WRONG WAY.

So my turn now, if you don't like being asked a question, KEEP YOU ****ING MOUTH SHUT AND DON'T PROVIDE AN ANSWER.

Damn scotch, pour me another one.
Yeah that.

Too many people get butthurt too easily.