Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer ship Dropped my bike in for service

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Tilty
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer ship Dropped my bike in for service

Took my bike in for service, and went to pick it up they told me the kid that washes the bikes. His foot slipped on the wet floor and bike went down!

Dented my monster oval pipe on the right side, I guess its good I had those pipes they saved my hard bags.

Still should've never happened there. Has this ever happened to anybody else or do I just have the worst luck in the world!!

They are ordering me a new pipe. That's suppose to make me Ferlinghetti all good!

Old 07-03-2011, 08:54 AM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

Look at the bright side...They owned up to it and making it good...Just think how bad you would feel if you dropped it and had to pay for it...Chances are you would just have to live with a dent in your muffler like I would...As you have to buy a set...They don't sell them single.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Salchicha
Advanced

Accidents happen. They stepped up and told you and are making it good. I don't see an issue.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:58 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Sh** happens!

That's why you should ALWAYS check your bike over BEFORE you sign off and leave the dealer. You can bet your a** that they check it over before taking it from you! Lucky you caught it (or they fessed up?). In either case they sound like they are taking the high road! Try not to let it ruin your weekend. Sh** happens - that's called life. Happy 4th!

Old 07-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So what exactly are you complaining about? An employee had a mishap (compared to a stupid mistake like leaving a bolt loose) and they're making it good. Plenty of us have had something like that happen and been told, "It must have been like that when you brought it in." I'd say you're luck is pretty good.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:25 AM
kanelakos
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharknose
So what exactly are you complaining about? An employee had a mishap (compared to a stupid mistake like leaving a bolt loose) and they're making it good. Plenty of us have had something like that happen and been told, "It must have been like that when you brought it in." I'd say you're luck is pretty good.
Nothing wrong with him complaining a little even though the dealer fessed up. Still a pain in his butt to deal with. I am sure we all have plenty to deal with without something unexpected like that. Either he was lucky the dealer owned up to it or their is still hope for mankind!

Old 07-03-2011, 09:31 AM
scoobs
Tourer

Would I be happy if someone dumped my bike? No. but they are making it right so I wouldn't complain too much. Their good will may just go away if/when it happens again. Besides, the kid washing the bikes is now probably out looking for a new job...for just an oops.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kanelakos
Nothing wrong with him complaining a little even though the dealer fessed up. Still a pain in his butt to deal with.
As somebody who makes a living selling a service, I'd like to respectfully disagree.

What if the service manager says "we did everything we could to make it right for this guy and he's still bitching that we dropped his bike." Compare that to, "hey, I know **** happens...I'm glad the kid didn't get hurt. Anybody can slip on a slick floor and I appreciate the way you're handling this for me. I'm going to tell people how straight up you guys were".

Now which way do you want to be remembered by the guys working on your bike next time?

Last edited by Sharknose; 07-03-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:59 AM
kanelakos
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharknose
As somebody who makes a living selling a service, I'd like to respectfully disagree.

What if the service manager says "we did everything we could to make it right for this guy and he's still bitching that we dropped his bike." Compare that to, "hey, I know **** happens...I'm glad the kid didn't get hurt. Anybody can slip on a slick floor and I appreciate the way you're handling this for me. I'm going to tell people how straight up you guys were".

Now which way do you want to be remembered by the guys working on your bike next time?

The last I checked, he was just complaining on this message board. If someone accidently dropped your bike I am sure you would just smile and offer to buy lunch.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:51 AM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

**** does happen sometimes. I have dropped my own bike while moving it around. No one is perfect and at least they were honest enough to go ahead and fix their mistake.

Quick Reply: Dealer ship Dropped my bike in for service