Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer ship Dropped my bike in for service

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 11:11 AM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The are trying to make it right and it wasn't like they were doing anything stupid that caused it, a honest accident and they are making it right, what more could a person ask for?

Last edited by SIDECAR BOB; 07-03-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:27 AM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

The kid that prepped my brand new 2000 Ultra dropped it. The dealer was great. He personally told me what happened and we carefully looked the bike over together and then ordered the parts that were damaged. All was good. In the end, I gained respect for my dealer (Wendal Sproul at Central Maine HD). He stepped up and did what had to be done to make it right. Hey, accidents are bound to happen.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:57 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Stuff does happen and like said, they owned up to it. As long as they make your whole, pretty hard to complain.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:12 PM
MADDOG187
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cochon
The kid that prepped my brand new 2000 Ultra dropped it. The dealer was great. He personally told me what happened and we carefully looked the bike over together and then ordered the parts that were damaged. All was good. In the end, I gained respect for my dealer (Wendal Sproul at Central Maine HD). He stepped up and did what had to be done to make it right. Hey, accidents are bound to happen.
i would not have been picking that particular bike up , i would have made them order me a new one ,

Old 07-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,747 Likes on 2,013 Posts

At least they owned up to it. I've had service departments try to hide damage, hoping I wouldn't notice until later, and therefore, couldn't then prove they did it.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:24 PM
JonW
Road Warrior
Received 349 Likes on 158 Posts

Sucks they damaged your bike, but they are making it right. I bet the kid feels terrible about it.

I never let the dealer "detail" my bike. I tell them to do their service and that's all. No washing, no detailing, no wiping, etc. I'll take care of that after I get home. Years ago, my ex wanted a black Honda Shadow 750. We went to the dealer to pick it up, and some kid came out with a roll of paper towels and a can of glass cleaner so he could "detail" it for me. I'm very glad I caught him in time. Since then, no one touches my bike except to turn wrenches.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:44 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

**** happens. Mind you I prefer it when I'm responsible 'cause I only have myself to blame. Sounds like your dealer is beibng pretty "stand up" over the whole thing. It's the less obvious mistakes that worry me - so I do pretty much everything myself.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Moops
Tourer

Kinda like the doctor coming out of the delivery room and telling you he accidently dropped your baby. That's how I feel about my bike. As others have said though, at least the dealership owned up to it and is repairing the damage. Think of this as an integrity check and be glad your local H-D dealership passed the test.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:40 PM
VTK
Road Master

Nothing wrong with venting. Better here than at the shop.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:08 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 246 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Salchicha
Accidents happen. They stepped up and told you and are making it good. I don't see an issue.
I agree, at least they owned up to the issue. As long as they will pay for everything and nothing else was hurt should be ok. I did not have the kickstand down on mine, it went over onto the crash bars. It happens.

Quick Reply: Dealer ship Dropped my bike in for service