General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker dies during helmet protest

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 02:42 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't want the government telling me I have to wear a helmet or sticking their nose in anything else for that matter. That said, I choose to wear one. Some choose not to wear one. But, it should be left at that. It shouldn't be boiled down to a school yard "you're a dumbass" if ya don't wear one, or, "you're a *****" if you do wear one argument. It amazes me sometimes how quick people are on this board to prove themselves to be a "macho man-real biker" or a "I'm smarter than anybody here" type. The dude in the OP chose to not wear a helmet. He fell off the bike & hit his head. He died. RIP.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:23 PM
freddyttt
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh well.....

Old 07-04-2011, 05:07 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by fastjoe
You know a lot of people would call us fools simply because we choose to ride motorcycles. Would you like to have that choice taken away from you?

Liberals and our lovely politicians in general have no problem with providing free health care for illegals, those too lazy to work, and prison inmates. So if I suffer a head injury in a crash, I guess the tax payers will just have to foot the bill for me also. By the way, a helmet doesn't 100 % guarantee you won't suffer a head injury in a crash, so maybe you should just give up riding. After all you don't want to be a burden on your community do you?
I could not agree more , what kills me is the idiots who waer a FF helmet then wear no shirt and sneakers with shorts and ride like NASCAR....

I dont like ride in packs way to many accidents and in experienced riders. As for wearing a helmet or riding a motorcycle, or jet ski, or mountain climbing or whatever you decide to do its your choice. All this if it saves one life bullsh*t is killing our freedoms and choices.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:18 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

From the article - "ABATE riders tell us they don't think Contos was a member of their group." This sounds like a backtracking politician retreating from a personal scandal.

Last edited by fat_tony; 07-07-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Pogo
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not the 11 million illegal immigrants that are punishing the healthcare system, it's CITIZENS.

Some of you should find another strawman for the health care argument instead of being ignorant.

Anyone who doesn't wear a helmet is a moron. Anyone who thinks a brain bucket is the best compromise between looking like you're not a typical middle aged man and safety is also a moron.

You're either wearing 3/4, full faced, or a moron. No other options. The freedom to be that moron is still there of course, but when peer pressure tells you not to wear a helmet, you are a god damned moron and there's nothing else to it.

Last edited by Pogo; 07-07-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pogo
It's not the 11 million illegal immigrants that are punishing the healthcare system, it's CITIZENS.

Some of you should find another strawman for the health care argument instead of being ignorant.

Anyone who doesn't wear a helmet is a moron. Anyone who thinks a brain bucket is the best compromise between looking like you're not a typical middle aged man and safety is also a moron.

You're either wearing 3/4, full faced, or a moron. No other options. The freedom to be that moron is still there of course, but when peer pressure tells you not to wear a helmet, you are a god damned moron and there's nothing else to it.
Thanks for for sharing that.

By the way, your opinion would carry more weight if it was not your FIRST post. Perhaps you will take the time to formally introduce yourself to the forum, post a little about yourself, how long you have been riding, what kinds of bikes you have owned, what kind of riding courses or experiences you have earned and where you live. There are probably members in your area who would like to meet you and go for a ride.

Don't be a stranger now, post up and post often.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:02 PM
46knuck
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 29 Posts

A helmet only works at about 25mph or less. After that the body trauma and hard impact to the head will do the damage. Why would I want to live as a quad or para or veg with a pretty head???? I only wear a helmet cause I have to. I rode many years without one and would still.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:05 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 46knuck
A helmet only works at about 25mph or less. After that the body trauma and hard impact to the head will do the damage. Why would I want to live as a quad or para or veg with a pretty head???? I only wear a helmet cause I have to. I rode many years without one and would still.
I hit the asphalt at about 60 mph with a full face on....the helmet worked fine.

25 mph?????

Old 07-07-2011, 05:07 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow,first post......Welcome to HDF......
Originally Posted by Pogo

Old 07-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 46knuck
So sportbike track racers must wear helmets just to look cool.

Quick Reply: Biker dies during helmet protest