General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test Video with GoPro

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 06:38 PM
DeluxeHog05
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test Video with GoPro

Just playing around with GoPro camera and editing software

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z31Ka5YYPd8&hd=1

Last edited by DeluxeHog05; 07-02-2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Copied incorrectly
Old 07-02-2011, 07:05 PM
boro
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks, I like the video. The "skipping" even added to the feel, whether it was on purpose or buffering.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:15 PM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Nice indeed. Try more with the sun at your back though...much like taking snapshots.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:23 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

1080 tends to do that. Wish I had the Go Pro when that Deer JUMPED in front of me! I'd **** my pants again just looking at it!

Old 07-02-2011, 07:32 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey that's pretty cool!

Old 07-03-2011, 01:25 AM
livebeforeidie
Advanced

Hey nice vid, thanks for sharing.

On the bike, can you hear the engine at speed or is it just wind noise, or is that dependent on where you place the camera in proximity to the engine/exhaust? Also, how does the quality on your computer compare to the youtube quality? The upload seemed to be low quality.
Thanks again for sharing a great video!
Mike

Old 07-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

cool vid

Last edited by Jeff W; 07-03-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:53 PM
DeluxeHog05
Cruiser

Mike,

The video has gone through a couple of reproductions, so that has sacrificed the quality somewhat. The GoPro records in a quicktime format. That has to be converted in editing software, then the aspect ratio sometimes has to be converted again depending on what site is hosting.

Youtube's HD is 720 and the camera will record up to 1080

The distortion (skipping/buffering) you see is caused by an effect(transitions) in the editing software. The original videos didn't have any of these issues.

In regards to sound, I'm still figuring this out. These videos were taken with the water/wind proof casing. I'm going to experiment with the other casing and see if it causes too much wind noise. You could hear the engine somewhat in this video, but Youtube didn't like the song I had originally put in the video. Because of this they removed all sound and I was forced to replace with a song that was "allowed".

I'm still learning the ins and outs of the camera and the software.

The suggestion of keeping the sun to my back is a good one.

Alan

Old 07-03-2011, 06:58 PM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by DeluxeHog05
Mike,

The video has gone through a couple of reproductions, so that has sacrificed the quality somewhat. The GoPro records in a quicktime format. That has to be converted in editing software, then the aspect ratio sometimes has to be converted again depending on what site is hosting.

Youtube's HD is 720 and the camera will record up to 1080

The distortion (skipping/buffering) you see is caused by an effect(transitions) in the editing software. The original videos didn't have any of these issues.

In regards to sound, I'm still figuring this out. These videos were taken with the water/wind proof casing. I'm going to experiment with the other casing and see if it causes too much wind noise. You could hear the engine somewhat in this video, but Youtube didn't like the song I had originally put in the video. Because of this they removed all sound and I was forced to replace with a song that was "allowed".

I'm still learning the ins and outs of the camera and the software.

The suggestion of keeping the sun to my back is a good one.

Alan

You tube has music *****? With all the garbage on that site (despite the fact that for the most part, I like youtube) I'm a bit surprised.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:06 PM
DeluxeHog05
Cruiser

They sure do!

All music is copyrighted and if you use it in a video it is considered a copyright infringement. Unfortunately you don't know if it will be pulled until after you post the video. At that point they remove all sound. They have hundreds of songs you can use, but most of the artists are people you've never heard of.

I understand the reasoning, but Youtube limited videos to 15 minutes. It's not like you are creating a feature film and using someones music as the soundtrack.

Funny thing is ....it was a Kid Rock song that they removed. LOL Born Free my a$$

Quick Reply: Test Video with GoPro