General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife sent me into a Victory dealer

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 11:38 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Wife sent me into a Victory dealer

So the wife just got her endorsement and now she has been looking at Harleys online. She see's one she likes and calls me to go out and take a look at. She tells me the name of the place and I am out on my bike and I see it is a Honda, Yamaha, Victory dealer. I roll up on my bike with my Harley shirt on and walk into the place and find the bike she likes, look it over and decide I want to ride it and see how she rides. Not one person would give me the time of day in there. I asked one person for help and she said some one will be right with you. I know people get busy, but there were 2 salesman talking to each other the whole time and didn't seem to enthused about helping. In fact the only looks I got were from customers who were looking at bikes. I could care less about what other people ride, but they say Harley riders are snobs?? Not from my perspective.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:00 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Go on their website and write them. Tell them they lost out on a sale. Either they will come back and hook you up or fix things at their dealership, if they F%$# em!!

I did this to a HD dealership. I walked around in my HD shirt and pulled up on a Harley and I walked around the store for 10 min and sat at the cash register for 5 min. Enough time to leave things open on their counter. Took off some grimlin bells and left them on the counter. No help at all, just to busy BSing with each other and I was the only customer in the store. The owner wrote me back and told me to come see him next time I come in. Now I didn't take him up on his offer just because I don't want to be known at the dealership that way just in case I need them to do some work. But whether it was me or from multiple contacts he received he told me there are some major changes on the way. Since it has been enjoyable to go there and the snootyness seems to be gone. Even the parts guys are mellow. Haven't had any service done there yet, so not sure about them.

Not that you are going to be hanging out at a Victory dealership, but maybe they'll hook you up with something or plan and simply fix their ****!!

Last edited by JaronB; 07-02-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:05 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,033 Likes on 772 Posts

Yes, you need to let the owner know of your experience. If they don't do anything about it that will be their problem. Who knows, maybe their sales people got fired from the dealer Jaron was at.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:06 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you SURE it wasn't a harley dealership?

what's your harley tshirt got to do with anything? are you imagining some sort of anti-harley prejudice?

I guess there are bad dealerships for every brand.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:13 PM
JC650
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just at a sporting goods store looking to buy a piece of gym equipment. There was no sales people around to help me or another guy looking to buy something. So I said f*%& it and left after a few minutes. Not gonna stop me from going there for fishing stuff. They just lost that sale. Was not wearing a HD shirt either. My point is customer service/sales sucks about anywhere, especially when they are low paid.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:21 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cameraboy
are you SURE it wasn't a harley dealership?

what's your harley tshirt got to do with anything? are you imagining some sort of anti-harley prejudice?

I guess there are bad dealerships for every brand.

I'm sure he is. Yes it happens both ways. Shoot it happened to me at a Harley dealer. People suck everywhere!! Either way no matter what brand bike they ride or shirt they wear, do your damn job instead of staring at the prospective customer vs doing nothing.

You would think they would pull their head out of the butts in this economy.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:37 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

I remember walking in to a Harley dealership and being told straight up that they wouldn't talk to me about bikes or even give me a brochure until I bought something (they suggested a T-shirt, the showroom was loaded with them. I think they had one bike). It was 20 years before I set foot in another dealership. That was because my wife was learning to ride and wanted to look at a Sportster. After 15 minutes looking the bike over I went looking for a salesman. Found three of them sitting around drinking coffee they said that they would be right over. 20-30 minutes later still no one came over to talk to us about the bike.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:39 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cameraboy

Pretty much my point for putting it in the story. Glad you were able to pick up on it

Old 07-02-2011, 02:05 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty much my point for putting it in the story. Glad you were able to pick up on it
I just had to make sure, because I don't think anyone really gives a F what tshirt you were wearing. I pulled up to a victory dealership two weekends ago ON a harley, and got prompt attention and had a nice conversation with two sales people and a mechanic about their bikes.

But if it makes you feel like some sort of persecuted badass to feel disrespected because of your harley davidson t-shirt, go ahead.

Is that part of the "harley davidson lifestyle" I keep hearing about?

Or more likely, they were just lazy, bad salesman and you are imagining some slight based on your preferred brand and advertising tshirt....

idk. I vote for crappy salesman though. They are everywhere.

Last edited by cameraboy; 07-02-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:11 PM
desertrideryz
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JaronB
Go on their website and write them. Tell them they lost out on a sale. Either they will come back and hook you up or fix things at their dealership, if they F%$# em!!

I did this to a HD dealership. I walked around in my HD shirt and pulled up on a Harley and I walked around the store for 10 min and sat at the cash register for 5 min. Enough time to leave things open on their counter. Took off some grimlin bells and left them on the counter. No help at all, just to busy BSing with each other and I was the only customer in the store. The owner wrote me back and told me to come see him next time I come in. Now I didn't take him up on his offer just because I don't want to be known at the dealership that way just in case I need them to do some work. But whether it was me or from multiple contacts he received he told me there are some major changes on the way. Since it has been enjoyable to go there and the snootyness seems to be gone. Even the parts guys are mellow. Haven't had any service done there yet, so not sure about them.

Not that you are going to be hanging out at a Victory dealership, but maybe they'll hook you up with something or plan and simply fix their ****!!
zion harley was like thar last time I was in there

Quick Reply: Wife sent me into a Victory dealer