General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker LifeStyle?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 11:47 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: Biker LifeStyle?

Lifestyle? What's that? I ride 'cause I love it, not for style. For me it is about getting away and doing something I enjoy. Like today, riding up to Kolob Reservoir in Southern Utah

Old 11-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Here is the problem I have with everyone complaining about all the "Biker" threads here on the board. There are about 6000 threads about naked women which have 2.5 million pairs of ****. No one has ever said "I've seen enough **** so lets get rid of them." Well, there was that one guy a week or so ago but that doesn't count. The biker stuff may seem stupid to some but it might be important to others. Don't come down so hard on the authors. If you don't like this type of thread then don't read them.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Barebackjack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. A lot of the new biker/rub/poser/helmets/trailer queens and etc post are started by new members on the forum. Sure they could go back tru all the old post and look for post pertaining to what they are interested in but that would take forever.
ORIGINAL: Terry1955

Here is the problem I have with everyone complaining about all the "Biker" threads here on the board. There are about 6000 threads about naked women which have 2.5 million pairs of ****. No one has ever said "I've seen enough **** so lets get rid of them." Well, there was that one guy a week or so ago but that doesn't count. The biker stuff may seem stupid to some but it might be important to others. Don't come down so hard on the authors. If you don't like this type of thread then don't read them.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:14 AM
WgSkee
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aw... Shucks... Didn't mean to hurt feelings... I won't trash them again.. I'll keep my opinion to myself...and I won't read them either... So that settles that...

If I thought I could get further than the edge of town with what I have in my wallet, I would.
Hmmm.. I'm retired now, and I'm still trying to find time and $$$ to take off for awhile... I guess hitting the lottery would help...LOL

Kidding...Aside...This is a great forum and drama isn't what this site is about...Skee

Old 11-07-2006, 12:26 AM
BigGeorge
Road Captain

When I first started riding motorcycles at age 16 it was about being cool and trying to get laid. 43 years later things havent changed much .....................BG

Old 11-07-2006, 12:38 AM
vegashd
Banned

I am the biggest Rub, poser, wanna be biker on the planet.

When I ride I dont ever get out of town cause time does not permit. I am happy grabbing the scotter to run to the grocery store to get a gallon of milk. Or If I have only an hour i will run to the harley store to see if there is anything else i want to see or buy or any other bikes out front i can check out. If for nothing else i like to get out on the road ( ANY road) freeway, side street it does not matter I am riding. I stay pretty busy from time to time. A long ride is getting between Kingman Az and Vegas. 100 miles and most of it out of town. 30 miles is going through Hoover dam. LOTS OF TRAFFIC but a huge tourist attraction with anyone who has a HD. (I do not get it... traffic on freeways are bad tourist attractions GOOD hmmmm)

I trailer my bike to rallies. Mostly because it is not just me going but Because I am the one that can take the most time off out of everyone i ride with. If I want an extra days off I just take them I just have to plan ahead a bit. It allows me to get bikes 300 miles across the country and to let others work an extra three-four days before leaving for a rally. They can then hop on a plane and fly out and meet me there. If I happen to bring the dogs, or even a toy hauler that also houses my living quarters. Then I throw the bike in the back and go.

I have HD clothing. I collect a shot glass and Tshirt at every shop i go to. 22-25 bucks a tshirt is a lot. but no more then the Quicksilver or Fox tshirt costs these days. Besdies I go through clothes fast. I put the shot glasses on a shelf in my bar and they will be around longer then my tshirts will. I like the HD jackets as most the time they are better quality leather. The jeans are 35 bucks which is what I will pay for a pair of any other brand jeans.

I purchase alot of my parts from the dealership. I love the HD skull theme. I can purchase everything I want and it will all match. I am **** like that. I did not do it because it may say Hd. Although they seem to make quality stuff. I am alwasy looking for another piece of chrome to make my bike a little more mine and make me satisfied (alhtought being satisfied is hard). Their chrome controls are so myuch nicer then the Aftermarket ones I have seen. not to mention they seem to fit better. I could have bought the chrome ones off ebay that someone chromed from take offs for half the price but what about when the chrome has a yellowish tint compared to other chromed parts. May look great till you get a piece from another chromer on there.

I guess you can call me a rub or a wanna be. BUt I enjoy the time i am able to get out on my bike and make every possible attempt just so i can ride.

Heck just t his weekend i was in Az with my dogs and had to drive my truck back to Vegas. A member of this board wanted to go riding this past weekened while he was in town so i loaded the bike up on the trailer and pulled it to vegsa just so I could ride. It was the only way to bring the bike and the dogs back to Vegas. I guess I was wanna be pulling the bike once again..... But it did let me ride....