General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good deals to be had in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 09:47 PM
livebeforeidie
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good deals to be had in Houston

Today I picked up a 2011 fatboylo from Mancuso Crossroads in Houston. Out the door I saved nearly $2k on regular pricing. The sales manager said he has 89 2011 bikes he has to move this month to make way for the 2012 models.

Huey and Brad were great guys to deal with. I made a 100 mile round trip through Houston gridlock traffic to buy from them, and I've never had a better buying experience with bikes or cars.

If you're looking for a great deal, give them a call. I'm seriously considering a second bike.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:03 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't buy a three legged dog that could tap dance and talk from Mancuso if it was going for pocket change.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:06 AM
thebeginning
Advanced

Originally Posted by oldairboater
I wouldn't buy a three legged dog that could tap dance and talk from Mancuso if it was going for pocket change.
Why do you say that? I've heard many good things about them, especially the crossroads branch.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:15 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We didn't get to discuss the purchase of a new motorcycle in 2003 for long. They didn't want to talk on the phone. Long story short--the salesman I talked to was rude, not helpful, and egotistical about talking to me. I don't even remember who I talked to but he did cost them a possible customer forever. That was towards the end of the gold rush years for HD. Guess they were selling bikes and didn't need to talk to a potential customer. I talked to several other dealers that week and bought the bike I wanted from one of them. I have nothing good to say about Mancuso dealerships. I will not darken their doorstep. They had their shot and blew it. Never forget--never forgive..

Last edited by oldairboater; 07-02-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:44 AM
thebeginning
Advanced

We didn't get to discuss the purchase of a new motorcycle in 2003 for long. They didn't want to talk on the phone. Long story short--the salesman I talked to was rude, not helpful, and egotistical about talking to me. I don't even remember who I talked to but he did cost them a possible customer forever. That was towards the end of the gold rush years for HD. Guess they were selling bikes and didn't need to talk to a potential customer. I talked to several other dealers that week and bought the bike I wanted from one of them. I have nothing good to say about Mancuso dealerships. I will not darken their doorstep. They had their shot and blew it. Never forget--never forgive..

Well it's been 8 years man, they could have easily changed out management. I went in the other day (to both) and they were very helpful, answered all my questions and then some. And I don't even look like I could afford a Harley.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:06 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Wow. I thought I was a grudge holder. One rude salesman might not be management's fault. Maybe he got fired. Why not give em another chance? I stopped in there a few months ago, they seemed nice but I wasn't looking for a bike. It was the one on the wrong side of the tracks. Soften up in your old age.

I'll never eat at Olive Garden, though, cause they wouldn't serve my son on September 17, 2001. He wanted a drink cause we were discussing ramifications of 9/11 for his WI ARNG service. He was 19. It is legal to serve children with parents in WI, but against their "corporate policy". Don't appreciate their CYA while advertising you're family. Never liked them anyway.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:41 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

back when I lived in Houston, I bought a new Fat Boy from Mancuso's. I had a great salesman who made it an enjoyable experience. everyone from the sales manager to the finance person to the chrome girl treated me like I was their only sale for the day. knowledgable parts guys helped me spend my "chrome dollars".

all in all - a good dealership to do business with.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Grammaton
Road Master

Same here. I'm also not the only one I know that feels that way.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:38 AM
1bad09sglide
Cruiser

Mancuso crossroads dropped my Duece while it was in for service and tried to tell me that I did it. They didn't even offer to fix it or do anything about it. I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:46 AM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Glad to hear you got a good deal from them. Mancuso has always been notoriously the highest priced dealer in the Houston area. I will say that the service department at the original location is good. I've never had to take my bike back after them working on it. Wish I could say that for the Indys around here. Their labor rate got to high though, so now I do as much of the work on my bike myself as I can.

It amazes me how much salesmen at HD dealers still have that take it or leave it attitude. When I was looking for another bike I went to two local dealers. Neither were willing to budge an inch off what they wanted for a new Street Bob. I ended up buying a used Lowrider from an individual. No regrets.

Quick Reply: Good deals to be had in Houston