General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good deals to be had in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Ole T Sport
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And the surveys says........

Check several dealers for prices and their set-up fee, they're all different. Take into consideration of their service. But just because you buy it at on dealer, doesn't mean you have to get all the work done there. Bought my bike out west where I work, talked to the local shops here, no problem, they do any work if needed.
Yep, good deals for sure this spring.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:43 AM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
I wouldn't buy a three legged dog that could tap dance and talk from Mancuso if it was going for pocket change.
I use to agree with you on Mancuso, but they have some new employees now. The sales manager, Huey, is a straight up guy. Its Republic HD that you need to stay away from now.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:52 AM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by fastjoe
Glad to hear you got a good deal from them. Mancuso has always been notoriously the highest priced dealer in the Houston area. I will say that the service department at the original location is good. I've never had to take my bike back after them working on it. Wish I could say that for the Indys around here. Their labor rate got to high though, so now I do as much of the work on my bike myself as I can.

It amazes me how much salesmen at HD dealers still have that take it or leave it attitude. When I was looking for another bike I went to two local dealers. Neither were willing to budge an inch off what they wanted for a new Street Bob. I ended up buying a used Lowrider from an individual. No regrets.
Republic has taken that honor from them, new management there is only interested in profit period! Oh, and his radio show. Republic seems to banned all form of events, specials or anything customer related.

I can remember the day when you could walk into Mancuso and stand in the middle of the bikes with cash in your hand and could not get waited on. That has changed and everyone there now seems to be interested in helping you out. I know at least 3 of the salesmen and the sales manager went there from Republic.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:57 AM
RGreeves
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Since I'm in the market...

What's the issue with Republic?

Originally Posted by swestbrook60
I use to agree with you on Mancuso, but they have some new employees now. The sales manager, Huey, is a straight up guy. Its Republic HD that you need to stay away from now.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:58 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by swestbrook60
Republic has taken that honor from them, new management there is only interested in profit period! Oh, and his radio show. Republic seems to banned all form of events, specials or anything customer related.

I can remember the day when you could walk into Mancuso and stand in the middle of the bikes with cash in your hand and could not get waited on. That has changed and everyone there now seems to be interested in helping you out. I know at least 3 of the salesmen and the sales manager went there from Republic.

I think you're right about Republic. They're one of the two dealers that didn't want to budge price wise. I heard that Republic is now owned by Arabs. That alone is enough to not want to give them my business.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

I was in the one on 610 back in April when I was there. I think it's the original one. I was just checking it out and just about every employee there who passed me acknowledged me. It was a nice experience.
Anyway, enjoy your new bike.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:13 PM
livebeforeidie
Advanced

Originally Posted by fastjoe
Glad to hear you got a good deal from them. Mancuso has always been notoriously the highest priced dealer in the Houston area. I will say that the service department at the original location is good. I've never had to take my bike back after them working on it. Wish I could say that for the Indys around here. Their labor rate got to high though, so now I do as much of the work on my bike myself as I can.

It amazes me how much salesmen at HD dealers still have that take it or leave it attitude. When I was looking for another bike I went to two local dealers. Neither were willing to budge an inch off what they wanted for a new Street Bob. I ended up buying a used Lowrider from an individual. No regrets.
I had been thinking about buying a used bike off a guy here on the forum; almost the same bike I got. But by the time I flew up there and road back, it probably would have cost the same as the deal I got, without the headache of running around to get all the fees and documents taken care of.

I certainly won't go to Republic ever again after they bait and switched me on a deal a few years ago.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:10 PM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RGreeves
What's the issue with Republic?
Ever since the current general manager, or managing partner as he calls himself, got there Republic has gone downhill. Based on the number of customers I see there I am surprised they are still open. There is a constant turn-over of employees which says something in itself. As a customer, when you go in you are a stranger because everyone you have dealt with in the past is gone.

Discounts off MSRP on bikes, parts or service are essentially gone now. Last bike I was trading in they quoted me $3k less than KBB or NADA and told me that their price was the KBB price. Another dealer in town gave me above the KBB price.

Everything at Republic seems to be about the GM's radio show now, and nothing customer related at all except getting every last dollar out of your pocket. I live a couple miles from them so I go there for spark plugs and o-rings but for everything else I will ride to another dealer.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:54 PM
rdb1976
Road Master

I have nothing but good things to say about Mancuso Crossroads. They're 4 blocks from my house, so I spend a lot of time there. They know I'm not buying a bike until next year, but they still let me test ride a few bikes a month and BS with me when I swing by after work just to chat. Huey, K2, JJ, and everyone else in the sales and Motorclothes departments are really cool people to deal with.

Republic I would never buy a bike from. I stopped in there a few months ago and practically had to twist somebody's arm just to ring up the gloves I was buying (Mancuso didn't have my size). I can't imagine trying to get someone to discuss a bike with.

UPDATE: Bought a bike from Mancuso Crossroads back in January and their treatment of me has not changed one bit. They stood behind the bike and fixed the few "rough edges" that bike had and even threw in a passenger backrest and bought me the ESP as part of my deal. I still highly recommend them.

Last edited by rdb1976; 05-16-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:04 PM
not2kool
Outstanding HDF Member

I've had very good treatment from the Mancuso's on 610 at N.Main. I had my FLSTC in for repair and while test riding they apparently didn't get one of my saddle bags secured. It fell off and put a few scuffs on it. The mechanic owed up to it and apologized. He also put on some new rear rider floor boards at no cost and a free next service. I was satisfied.