General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is Just Crazy

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:41 AM
cajun555
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default This is Just Crazy

Can't find the story on my local news for a link, but this AM at 4 seems a harley was traveling N. bound on the Sam Rayburn tollway, doing the speed limit, minding his on buisness, when a pack of C/R's speeding overtook the harley.

One of the C/R's hit the harley causing a chain reaction accident. The result is 1 dead and 3 or 4 taken to hospital. They don't know if it was the harley rider that died but they did show the harley. It was a tangled up mess.

When are sport bike riders going to grow a brain bigger than a BB.

Basically, had the same thing happen several months ago. Just got on the freeway, 6 lanes east bound, noticed in my mirror a bike way behind me. Now I'm in the left side of my lane, bike approaching from behind and even though the squid had plenty of lanes to pass me by the SOB passes me in the right portion of my lane. Just plain stupid.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:45 AM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stay safe and aware.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:49 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Sports riders have little dicks and ride like fools. They should all be electrocuted.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:20 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,184 Likes on 6,715 Posts

Bunch of re-cycled Bic lighters, then sold to an idiot not much older than the Bic lighters were.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Sonicgazi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not all sport riders ride like fools. It's true a good 90% of them do, but there a few who dont.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:59 AM
N58TB
Advanced

Here's the link:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/commu...carrollton.ece

According to this report, the Sport Bikes hit the Harley rider from behind.

Sport bike rider killed; Harley rider survived.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain

Just last night I had a couple of these jack farks on splat bikes fly around us doing at least 75mph on a 35mph road. I though OK, whatever. Then we come up on them and they were stopped in the middle of the road turning around to go back the way we came. I was like WTF? So we get to the end of the road, and they come up behind us again as we were stopping at a stop sign to turn onto a 55mph road. They stay behind my GF (she rides her own) goosing their throttles as if they want to race or something. Yeah right. Eventually they fly by her and then me ON A BLIND CURVE doing at least 100mph. Because they are so cool. Yeah, so cool one of them almost hit the SUV I was following 100 or so feet in front of me. They were out of sight in a blink, and fortunately, I never saw them again.
I found out later that my GF had called them ******** as we went by them when they were turning around in the middle of the road. I guess they felt like they had to live up to that label. I really don't care what other people ride, but when they endanger other people with their stupid antics I have no respect. If they want to splat themselves, fine. But don't do it around me and endanger my life.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,295 Likes on 1,585 Posts

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/070...h-on-Toll-Road

Story says 15-20 sport bikes were racing and one collided with the Harley, causing a chain reaction.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:44 PM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I use to ride sport bikes and did dumb stuff, but never did it around other bikes and cars. I always went fast and did wheelies when no one was around that way if I messed up i did not hurt anyone else. It's crazy how fast some the sport bikes really are. The last one I had was a 10 second bike stock and it felt like it. 0-100 was a blink of and eye. I love power and speed, but don't think I have the ***** to do what i use to do if I did have a sport bike again. Now 80mph or so is fast for me on a bike LOL!

Old 07-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

This is a damn shame.

Quick Reply: This is Just Crazy