General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is Just Crazy

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 02:31 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

effin ridiculous. I haven't had any bad experiences with them as of yet, but I've seen them act a fool from distances. Just a shame they have to forcefully include others in their stupidity and take others down with them.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 07-01-2011, 05:52 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Unfortunately there are sport bike riders who do foolish things. As there are people who ride cruisers, cars, pick up trucks, etc. If the majority of these idiots are sport bike riders, I think reason is that most are young. At that age you're invincible, or at least think you are. I never owned a crotch rocket but I did my share of foolish things riding in my younger days. And yes, I endangered other people's lives....but mostly my own. Not proud of it but I did. They'll smarten up eventually....if live to do so.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Motorbones
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and were riding over to visit a friend one day awhile back. We spent about 5 red lights behind some idiot on a crotch rocket. At each light he had to pop a wheelie coming off the line, progressively getting higher. We finally split off. I hope he signed his donar card.

I frequently get astroricers who frequently act stupid in traffic. I tend to get an attitude when they start getting too close to me. One was trying to pass me in my lane doing 75mph last week. I made sure he knew he wasn't invited anywhere near my space and eventually he slid over 2 lanes to go around. Smart move on his part....

Old 07-01-2011, 06:53 PM
wookie214
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This effects all riders in our area. Ricers are at the top of the list. The Dallas Co. Sheriffs Dept is trying to put in place means to stop packs of these turds from driving like the tiny dicked POS's they are. On Memorial Day a pack of crotch rockets blocked north bound I-75 (always busy intercity expressway) @ Mockingbird Ln..... blocked traffic, did wheelies & stunts, spray painted the pavement etc. A few filmed themselves and posted online.... cops are now reviewing the film and have made a few arrests. Why should I care? Because a lot of cagers don't know the difference between crotch rockets and heavy bikes, or the difference in the way MOST guys ride the two. I don't need someone PO'ed at ricers to take it out on me.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:33 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Give even the most responsible rider a bike that runs 160 mph, and I guarantee you they're going to be breaking some laws at some point. Sport bikes are amazing machines, but to ride it anywhere close to it's potential on the street puts everyone else at risk.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Us posers shrug off those idiots with a head shake of disbelief......a real hard core biker would knock them off those crotch rockets with a well placed chain strike!!

Old 07-01-2011, 09:42 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by sm0kediver
Give even the most responsible rider a bike that runs 160 mph, and I guarantee you they're going to be breaking some laws at some point. Sport bikes are amazing machines, but to ride it anywhere close to it's potential on the street puts everyone else at risk.

I don't own one and probably never will. As stated my riding would be at or waayy above 100 mph on most days. Those bikes are very comfortable at 140 mph or so. ( So they say ) Kinda like a race car. Spectators holding their breath and a driver thinking about mowing the lawn.