General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley 2009 Crossbones Problems (broke down twice)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 10:06 AM
ppalmerjr
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default please delete by recommendation of other members.

Deleting post until I hear from HD corporate.

For those of you that did read before I deleted....I'll post the info once this gets resolved.

Thanks for your interest and support!

Last edited by ppalmerjr; 06-30-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Please delete until I hear from Harley corporate.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:19 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

Never had anything like that happen but I would think you should get some kind of satisfaction with all the documenting you did.

I'll be curious to hear what the outcome is. Good luck.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:31 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Actually I had a trans failure on my 1st new Harley, while on a road trip, early into the warranty period. Having AAA, and some credit cards, everything went so easily & smoothly.

Sorry to hear yours isn't working out for you. And wish you luck getting it resolved. A couple thoughts that I hope might help:

You may want to rethink broadcasting all this on a public forum before 1st allowing Moco the courtesy of a response. A simple phone call to the regional service rep might be all you need.

Having towing/roadside assistance is a no-brainer, particularly for someone w/o tools and the knowledge to use them.

Have routine maintenance completed prior to going on a trip. It's quite possible this problem might have been discovered, and your ordeal avoided.

Let us know how it works out.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:17 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a engine oil seal fail at 5K miles on my 07 EG. HD did a total engine rebuild under warranty. Otherwise no problems. Keep us informed on your outcome.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:21 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Use the edit button to delete.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:53 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,119 Likes on 357 Posts

Well, I can sort of see the statement of not broadcasting without an HD reply, but he just wrote the facts. I don't think he, or at least I didn't read it that way, that he was bashing anyone. Just running down the sequence of events, and I can understand his frustration.

Hopefully this will be resolved and doesn't ruin your like for HD's, yes, they can be a bit "tempermental" at times, but hey, loo at all the auto recalls form various other manufacturers, **** happens.

But I will say this, with all my exoperience with bikes...any kind for that matter, they are more prone to "difficulties", and if you're not prepared or mechanicaly inclined, that will set ya back some and make things more painful.

Should eveyrone that has a Harley be a mechanic...no...but it helps to have some mechanical knowledge and some basic tools to help..ya never know where or when something stupid happens...

Good luck, let us know what pans out..

Old 06-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

Damn shame your trip was ruined. Hang in there. I'm curious about the fix. Keep us posted.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Subscribed

Old 06-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They found that the computer has generated an error and they are troubleshooting........snip.... was informed that they are seeing the problem but haven't isolated it at this time.
It's probably a bad sensor sending wrong or corrupt information to the computer.

Computers.........IMHO do NOT belong on a Harley-Davidson.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:21 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Different take on it. It is mechanical and things happen. Call it bad timing or bad luck but it happens. When they find the problem they will fix it hopefully and you can see what the relationship is to the other problem. When it comes to the trust issue---broke down two times. A couple of days apart in two years and might have been caused by first problem? I only develop trust issues when I have to push one of the bikes up a hill.

Quick Reply: Harley 2009 Crossbones Problems (broke down twice)