General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING - TAS Classic Motorsports Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Aussie Hog
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry WARNING - TAS Classic Motorsports Indiana

Let me give you the facts about TAS Classic Motorsports (5431 W 100 S, Wabash, Indiana 46992-8434 USA – Ph 0011 1 260 563 6937). TAS is an internet based business selling motorcycle parts (relying on people like you to give them your hard earned money).

This is a history of my recent experience with them. I would like to share it with everyone so that they don’t have the same stress (& losses) that I did with them. The following story is absolutely true and everything in it is factual. I have been too trusting of TAS and given them the benefit of the doubt on too many occasions – NO MORE. I’m tired of being lied to and losing money and goods!

There appear to be 3 people involved in TAS. Terry Paul (Owner), Angie Paul (Shipping Mgr) and Mathew Paul (Parts Mgr). The person I have had nearly all of my dealings with has been Mathew Paul. I ordered & paid for about $1,000 worth of motorcycle parts over the internet from them in early January 2011. TAS are in the US and I’m in Australia.

I did look at their eBay feedback and decided that they MIGHT be safe to deal with (Wrong! I should have researched better!). Their eBay name is ‘tasclassicmotorsports’ (look at the negative comments there and see how many buyers DIDN’T get there items! 113 unhappy buyers in the last 12 months! Not good odds for buyers!).

Over the next 3 (yes, 3) months I received 2 deliveries from them with regard to my initial order (they told me that it would take them a couple of days to get all the parts into store before they could post things – realistically I expected delivery of all the goods about 2 to 3 weeks after paying for them).

All of the parts in my initial order arrived except for a Cobra Fuel Processor (worth $270 from them). The one item I purchased from them on eBay was purchased and paid for on January 28 and wasn’t even posted by TAS until February 27 (posted 30 days after it was purchased and paid for).

Over this period of time it was extremely difficult to get answers from them as to why the deliveries were taking so long. I was also being told lies. They were saying that items had been posted when in fact they hadn’t been (easy to verify when they were actually posted with a tracking number). One day they would tell me that they had the part there in stock, then the next week they would tell me that there were delays in getting it from their supplier when I asked where things were.

They were telling me that something had been posted (even gave the date they said it was posted) only to find that it was posted 2 or 3 weeks (or longer) after what they said. They were also very reluctant to supply tracking numbers (although now I can see why). It was so easy for them to tell me that USPS had said 5-7 days for delivery, then changed it to 7-10 days, then changed it to 14 days, then changed it to 28 days and so on.

After 3 months they had to agree with me that the item wouldn’t be arriving. The missing item should have been covered by insurance from USPS, however TAS were again reluctant to lodge any claim (I’m still not sure if they have or not as I have no proof of this being done). I could not see why they didn’t make contact with the post office to find out why things were being delayed or lost.

They wouldn't replace the missing/lost Fuel Processor as they said THEY didn’t want to be out of pocket (one would think that if they had lodged their claim for compensation as they said they did there wouldn’t be any problem replacing the item).

After several dozen emails (and several international phone calls) they said that they would sell me another one at cost. After thinking about it, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered another one from them (yes, I’m stupid!). At the same time, to justify the additional international postage, I also ordered more parts (yes I know, I was really asking for it!). This time I ordered 2 sets of LED lights and a Brake Modulator, as well as the replacement Fuel Processor.

When I ordered these parts I was told that they didn’t have them in stock but they would be able to get them in “a day or two”. After 43 days (again involving numerous emails and phone calls to them) I lodged a dispute through Paypal. I did manage to get a tracking number from them on the last order about 2 days before I lodged the Paypal dispute.

TAS had been telling me that these items had been posted to me shortly after my placing the order, but when they finally gave me the tracking number it was easy to see that the parcel was posted many weeks after what they said (in fact it was around 40 days after what they had said).

With my second last phone call to Matthew Paul at TAS told me that he posted the goods to me that day (he said he posted it himself). When that box (with one item) arrived I called him again only to be told that it was “a small business” and that he would “look into it”. Why was I surprised at not getting any answers yet again!

Why did we lodge a dispute when they had given me a tracking number (this was my son’s decision as he didn’t trust them and I was in hospital at the time)? The Paypal deadline is 45 days, and we wanted to make sure something had been lodged before the deadline, just in case. I did try and lodge a dispute with Paypal on the first missing item when that happened, but TAS had drawn it out so long that it was well and truly over the required Paypal time frame (I kept falling for their stories and actually believed at the time that they were trying to do something – so didn’t even think about lodging a dispute through Paypal).

Anyway, after we lodged the dispute with Paypal this time I received a message from TAS within minutes (it’s interesting that they respond immediately to situations like this and when taking orders, but not when you ask anything after they have your money). They weren’t happy that we had lodged a dispute.

I find it amazing that they think that they are the ones being hard done by all of the time, and not me. Each time I call them they are the ones that complain! As an example, they accuse me of ‘bombarding’ them with emails. Yes, I usually send them 4 copies of every email now to make sure it gets into one of their four email inboxes (but let me say that doing that doesn’t in any way guarantee a reply).

Angie Paul (with the title of Shipping Manager) has NEVER replied to any of my emails. The only time Terry Paul has ever responded to one of my emails was to say that they tried to call me (once) and that they couldn’t get through because my phone was blocked against international calls – what a load of s***. I have a business here, I am the owner and I know there are not ANY blocks on incoming calls (we receive them all the time – just not from TAS).

They said that they were going to report me to Paypal because my son acted on my behalf while I was in hospital (even though I told them that my son had Power of Attorney to act on my behalf - should I really have to justify MY actions to them?). It’s the case again where they make out that they are the victim and hold no responsibility for their actions – or lack thereof (Mathew is good at changing the focus of the conversation away from the real issue).

They certainly aren’t happy when I ask about deliveries and tracking numbers (it took many emails and 3 or 4 international phone calls to get the tracking number off them for the last delivery).

When this last parcel finally arrived it contained the Brake Modulator and NOTHING ELSE (sorry the box did contain two lollies and a big wad of screwed up paper). We have photographs and a signed declaration from our local Post Master to verify this.

The problem is now that they have a tracking number to give to Paypal to say the goods were sent and delivered to me, but in fact the major part of the consignment wasn’t even sent! But they can now say that it was (with proof by their tracking number). What a SCAM!

The five (nearly six) months of dealing with them over these items has been very stressful. Every contact I have had with them they have promised to do things, and very little has been followed through by them (if anything at all).

For the past several months they don’t even bother replying to most of my email requests asking about the status of the delivery. When I call them, I now know that I am being told outright lies. I can truthfully say that I have NEVER found a company to be so fraudulent, unprofessional, unreliable and to tell so many lies.

In the last month I have recorded 31 emails to them asking for information about the delivery with only 5 replies (I should mention that during that month I was in hospital for over a week, obviously not sending emails at the time). I have made 7 international phone calls to them.

This is factual and there is nothing they can do, or action they can take, about my comments here as everything has been documented by me and can be proven.

As the result of my experience with TAS Classic Motorsports I would strongly suggest that NOBODY reading this should EVER deal with them. If you do, think about it, just remember my story. I’m down $600 (plus the cost of international phone calls to them) and have wasted so much time over this since first contacting them nearly six months ago. There have been other costs as well, but I won’t get into that.

It appears to me that they have put a bit of effort into working out how to beat the system so that they can keep your money and not send all of your goods, and at the same time protect themselves against claims and disputes.

I think the legal term that would apply to them in this case is “Obtaining Benefit by Deception” or simply “Fraud”.

If you want to get CONNED, SCAMMED or RIPPED OFF just deal with TAS!!

I wonder what TAS stands for? ... Trick Another Sucker? Try Another Scam? They Are Stupid? Take Another S***? Tell Another Story? Tas Actually Sucks? The Absolute Scam?

Old 06-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Kiwi Rider
Stage II
Angry Never Deal with Them!

Originally Posted by Aussie Hog
Let me give you the facts about TAS Classic Motorsports (5431 W 100 S, Wabash, Indiana 46992-8434 USA – Ph 0011 1 260 563 6937). TAS is an internet based business selling motorcycle parts (relying on people like you to give them your hard earned money).

This is a history of my recent experience with them. I would like to share it with everyone so that they don’t have the same stress (& losses) that I did with them. The following story is absolutely true and everything in it is factual. I have been too trusting of TAS and given them the benefit of the doubt on too many occasions – NO MORE. I’m tired of being lied to and losing money and goods!

There appear to be 3 people involved in TAS. Terry Paul (Owner), Angie Paul (Shipping Mgr) and Mathew Paul (Parts Mgr). The person I have had nearly all of my dealings with has been Mathew Paul. I ordered & paid for about $1,000 worth of motorcycle parts over the internet from them in early January 2011. TAS are in the US and I’m in Australia.

I did look at their eBay feedback and decided that they MIGHT be safe to deal with (Wrong! I should have researched better!). Their eBay name is ‘tasclassicmotorsports’ (look at the negative comments there and see how many buyers DIDN’T get there items! 113 unhappy buyers in the last 12 months! Not good odds for buyers!).

Over the next 3 (yes, 3) months I received 2 deliveries from them with regard to my initial order (they told me that it would take them a couple of days to get all the parts into store before they could post things – realistically I expected delivery of all the goods about 2 to 3 weeks after paying for them).

All of the parts in my initial order arrived except for a Cobra Fuel Processor (worth $270 from them). The one item I purchased from them on eBay was purchased and paid for on January 28 and wasn’t even posted by TAS until February 27 (posted 30 days after it was purchased and paid for).

Over this period of time it was extremely difficult to get answers from them as to why the deliveries were taking so long. I was also being told lies. They were saying that items had been posted when in fact they hadn’t been (easy to verify when they were actually posted with a tracking number). One day they would tell me that they had the part there in stock, then the next week they would tell me that there were delays in getting it from their supplier when I asked where things were.

They were telling me that something had been posted (even gave the date they said it was posted) only to find that it was posted 2 or 3 weeks (or longer) after what they said. They were also very reluctant to supply tracking numbers (although now I can see why). It was so easy for them to tell me that USPS had said 5-7 days for delivery, then changed it to 7-10 days, then changed it to 14 days, then changed it to 28 days and so on.

After 3 months they had to agree with me that the item wouldn’t be arriving. The missing item should have been covered by insurance from USPS, however TAS were again reluctant to lodge any claim (I’m still not sure if they have or not as I have no proof of this being done). I could not see why they didn’t make contact with the post office to find out why things were being delayed or lost.

They wouldn't replace the missing/lost Fuel Processor as they said THEY didn’t want to be out of pocket (one would think that if they had lodged their claim for compensation as they said they did there wouldn’t be any problem replacing the item).

After several dozen emails (and several international phone calls) they said that they would sell me another one at cost. After thinking about it, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered another one from them (yes, I’m stupid!). At the same time, to justify the additional international postage, I also ordered more parts (yes I know, I was really asking for it!). This time I ordered 2 sets of LED lights and a Brake Modulator, as well as the replacement Fuel Processor.

When I ordered these parts I was told that they didn’t have them in stock but they would be able to get them in “a day or two”. After 43 days (again involving numerous emails and phone calls to them) I lodged a dispute through Paypal. I did manage to get a tracking number from them on the last order about 2 days before I lodged the Paypal dispute.

TAS had been telling me that these items had been posted to me shortly after my placing the order, but when they finally gave me the tracking number it was easy to see that the parcel was posted many weeks after what they said (in fact it was around 40 days after what they had said).

With my second last phone call to Matthew Paul at TAS told me that he posted the goods to me that day (he said he posted it himself). When that box (with one item) arrived I called him again only to be told that it was “a small business” and that he would “look into it”. Why was I surprised at not getting any answers yet again!

Why did we lodge a dispute when they had given me a tracking number (this was my son’s decision as he didn’t trust them and I was in hospital at the time)? The Paypal deadline is 45 days, and we wanted to make sure something had been lodged before the deadline, just in case. I did try and lodge a dispute with Paypal on the first missing item when that happened, but TAS had drawn it out so long that it was well and truly over the required Paypal time frame (I kept falling for their stories and actually believed at the time that they were trying to do something – so didn’t even think about lodging a dispute through Paypal).

Anyway, after we lodged the dispute with Paypal this time I received a message from TAS within minutes (it’s interesting that they respond immediately to situations like this and when taking orders, but not when you ask anything after they have your money). They weren’t happy that we had lodged a dispute.

I find it amazing that they think that they are the ones being hard done by all of the time, and not me. Each time I call them they are the ones that complain! As an example, they accuse me of ‘bombarding’ them with emails. Yes, I usually send them 4 copies of every email now to make sure it gets into one of their four email inboxes (but let me say that doing that doesn’t in any way guarantee a reply).

Angie Paul (with the title of Shipping Manager) has NEVER replied to any of my emails. The only time Terry Paul has ever responded to one of my emails was to say that they tried to call me (once) and that they couldn’t get through because my phone was blocked against international calls – what a load of s***. I have a business here, I am the owner and I know there are not ANY blocks on incoming calls (we receive them all the time – just not from TAS).

They said that they were going to report me to Paypal because my son acted on my behalf while I was in hospital (even though I told them that my son had Power of Attorney to act on my behalf - should I really have to justify MY actions to them?). It’s the case again where they make out that they are the victim and hold no responsibility for their actions – or lack thereof (Mathew is good at changing the focus of the conversation away from the real issue).

They certainly aren’t happy when I ask about deliveries and tracking numbers (it took many emails and 3 or 4 international phone calls to get the tracking number off them for the last delivery).

When this last parcel finally arrived it contained the Brake Modulator and NOTHING ELSE (sorry the box did contain two lollies and a big wad of screwed up paper). We have photographs and a signed declaration from our local Post Master to verify this.

The problem is now that they have a tracking number to give to Paypal to say the goods were sent and delivered to me, but in fact the major part of the consignment wasn’t even sent! But they can now say that it was (with proof by their tracking number). What a SCAM!

The five (nearly six) months of dealing with them over these items has been very stressful. Every contact I have had with them they have promised to do things, and very little has been followed through by them (if anything at all).

For the past several months they don’t even bother replying to most of my email requests asking about the status of the delivery. When I call them, I now know that I am being told outright lies. I can truthfully say that I have NEVER found a company to be so fraudulent, unprofessional, unreliable and to tell so many lies.

In the last month I have recorded 31 emails to them asking for information about the delivery with only 5 replies (I should mention that during that month I was in hospital for over a week, obviously not sending emails at the time). I have made 7 international phone calls to them.

This is factual and there is nothing they can do, or action they can take, about my comments here as everything has been documented by me and can be proven.

As the result of my experience with TAS Classic Motorsports I would strongly suggest that NOBODY reading this should EVER deal with them. If you do, think about it, just remember my story. I’m down $600 (plus the cost of international phone calls to them) and have wasted so much time over this since first contacting them nearly six months ago. There have been other costs as well, but I won’t get into that.

It appears to me that they have put a bit of effort into working out how to beat the system so that they can keep your money and not send all of your goods, and at the same time protect themselves against claims and disputes.

I think the legal term that would apply to them in this case is “Obtaining Benefit by Deception” or simply “Fraud”.

If you want to get CONNED, SCAMMED or RIPPED OFF just deal with TAS!!

I wonder what TAS stands for? ... Trick Another Sucker? Try Another Scam? They Are Stupid? Take Another S***? Tell Another Story? Tas Actually Sucks? The Absolute Scam?
At least you got something from them. They never sent me anything after I paid them! Ripped off! All I got were lies! I will NEVER deal with them again!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:29 PM
geneinnc
Cruiser

113 negatives in the last 12 months and you did business with them? Thanks for the warning, but in all honesty, what the hell were you thinking?

Old 06-29-2011, 09:00 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

You might try contacting the Australian and US Post Masters and filing complaints with them. If this company is using the mails to perpertrate fraud then they are in trouble with them too.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Aussie Hog
5th Gear

Originally Posted by geneinnc
113 negatives in the last 12 months and you did business with them? Thanks for the warning, but in all honesty, what the hell were you thinking?
Six months ago when I first started dealing with them I would have checked their eBay feedback (always do whern I deal with someone new). It mustn't have been that bad at the time because I wouldn't have dealt with them if I saw the same as it is now.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Aussie Hog
5th Gear

Originally Posted by FLUltrarider
You might try contacting the Australian and US Post Masters and filing complaints with them. If this company is using the mails to perpertrate fraud then they are in trouble with them too.
Good idea. I hadn't thought of that. I'll get a couple more letters going now (to USPS and Australia Post).

Cheers

Old 06-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Kiwi Rider
Stage II

I think EVERYONE should send an email to all at TAS Classic Motorsports (email addresses are shown below) telling them what we think of their scams. Just a short note is all it needs telling that you will NEVER deal with them and that you will be telling others about the doc's story (and all of the eBay rip offs). Make sure you send it to all 5 of the addresses so they get the message loud and clear.

Don't let them get away with it without any grief!

mathew@tasmotorsports.com
angie@tasmotorsports.com
tj@tasmotorsports.com
staff@tasmotorsports.com
tasclassicmotorsports@tasmotorsports.com

They took my money and sent NOTHING! Yep, I got done as well as Aussie Hog.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:11 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,661 Likes on 2,538 Posts

I've said this many times--I will NEVER buy ANYTHING online. EVER. Got along before computers, and I'll get along just fine buying locally or ordering through a dealer. I don't pay bills online,either. Too many scams. When I buy something, I gotta hold it in my hand before I plunk down my hard-earned! Only 1 exception--buying pedal steel stuff, since there are no local dealers and only a handful throughout the US. But we're only talkin' a few bucks here & there.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Aussie Hog
5th Gear

Originally Posted by dickey
I've said this many times--I will NEVER buy ANYTHING online. EVER. Got along before computers, and I'll get along just fine buying locally or ordering through a dealer. I don't pay bills online,either. Too many scams. When I buy something, I gotta hold it in my hand before I plunk down my hard-earned! Only 1 exception--buying pedal steel stuff, since there are no local dealers and only a handful throughout the US. But we're only talkin' a few bucks here & there.
But sometimes it's just toooo easy to jump online and buy what you need. I pay most of my bills online as it's way to far to go and pay them over the counter and I don't use a cheque (check) book anymore.

I also find that I can find things for half the price that I can get retail and a much wider variety to select from. I think the the trick is in knowing who you are dealing with!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:25 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
I've said this many times--I will NEVER buy ANYTHING online. EVER. .
I buy online quite frequently and have very good luck. Do your homework and do some research. I am restoring a Norton Commando and have to look all over for stuff. Not saying I will never get burned, I know its coming but there are good people out there. You just have to find them.
And the guy that bought from 100 and something ebay bad feedbacks? What were you thinking? Sorry, but thats just your fault. Not sticking up for the bad guys, they suck but you had to see it coming.
MikeM

Quick Reply: WARNING - TAS Classic Motorsports Indiana